• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

theft at work/sacked /now called by police for voluntary interview

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: theft at work/sacked /now called by police for voluntary interview

It would be helpful to know what the summons says: ie the exact wording of the charge, and what value.

Comment

Did you have a solicitor present at your police interview?

This really is a job for them.

What have you actually been charged with?

Comment

yes,i had the solicitor present.The interview lasted about 15 minutes.

The charge is money stolen £655 that belonged to the company.

The letter sent to my house is not from the court,i contacted the court and they said that they dont have any record of this case as yet.

but when i contacted the police officer ,he said that their CPS has decided to charge you and that you need to be there at the cour on given time and date.

Comment

i am just worried about the events at the court.I have never ever been into this kind of situation before.I have no idea what exactly is going to happen and what could be the outcome of that hearing at the court.

I am definitely going to plead guilty as i already have admitted in front of police.

in your opinion,what could possibly be my punishment. i kinda know it all depends on the judge on that day,but based on your experience,what do you think might happen.i am really scared.

Comment

You are not ever# going to Jail# so be calm and look very very Vulnerable in court keep your head slightly bowed and when Judge talks raise it slightly# your looking at 100 hours community service and a payback for amount theft* so be thankfully its only 660 not 2000+ stop panicking every Fokker steals you not been tuned into the TAX evasion for the RICH media haha

Frgot to say In court arrive very early dress smartish find what court number you are given! But for fooks sake do not wait for an usher lol * get yet ARSE in there prompt and wait through every god dam Jurisdiction for the condemd

The almighty will then call upon you but follow steps from above # your case will not warrant an expensive solicitor instead arrive 1hr earlier then request a duty solicitor## which are free* you already pleaded guilty this is your moment for any SOB stories
            Last edited by craig121; 9th November 2017, 15:06:PM.

Comment

in your first post you stated : ".I was under immense mental pressure due to fathers critical health and needed money urgently.I knew i was being watched by cctv but due to that pressure i could not help myself."

To help in drafting your "SOB" story here are the mitigating factors the sentencing guidelines list.

factors reducing seriousness or reflecting personalmitigation
              No previous convictions or no relevant/recent convictions
              Remorse, particularly where evidenced by voluntaryreparation to the victim
              Good character and/or exemplary conduct
              Serious medical condition requiring urgent, intensive orlong-term treatment
              Age and/or lack of maturity where it affects theresponsibility of the offender
              Mental disorder or learning disability (where not linked tothe commission of the offence)
              Sole or primary carer for dependent relatives
              Determination and/or demonstration of steps having beentaken to address addiction or offending behaviour
              Offender experiencing exceptional financial hardship

Comment

thank you

Comment

Will you have your solicitor in court with you?

It maybe you will be referred for reports by probation etc.

I imagine the first appearance in court may be one of a few and I also imagine you will be stressed enough any sort of acting will be difficult.

Be polite, be respectful

Remember as well, some magistrates rather like the sound of their own voice and their own moral voice. Don't take anything too much to heart.

Comment

what is report by probation, i have no idea about them reports.

Police officer said that if i say 'Not Guilty' then it will lead to trial and i will be asked to appear again on the given time and date.

do you think it could finish on the first hearing as i am already going to admit my mistake in the first hearing.

Comment

Will you have a solicitor representing you?

A probation report simply examines your circumstances and what may have influenced your decision to offend and how likely you are to do it again

Comment

i will go and see the duty solicitor.

thanks for explaining abt the probation report.

Comment

Hi Unsure
                          Its my pleasure

The reasons I really want you to see a solicitor ( the duty solicitor) are that they can hopefully reassure you and talk you through the process. While I can not guarantee what the sentence would be it is likely to be at most a community based order - such as community payback ( community service or who knows with a nice magistrate , a good set of mitigation and a following wind, even less). If you are now working there is also the possibility of a fine and also having to pay back the money. I am afraid these things are somewhat in the lap of the gods and a good solicitor.

It will go in your favour if you plead guilty at the first available opportunity (as in the first time you are asked)

It s possible the first hearing will just be to decide if the case should be heard at magistrates or Crown but again I am not a lawyer just someone with a keen interest in social justice,

i am thinking you are not some youngish kid so I would strongly suggest you do not play their sort of games. magistrates and Judges will have seen it all before.

I do know (well my parents knew) an ex circuit court judge who one said he often read the riot act - you know the type of thing , 'you have ruined your life, betrayed the trust put in you, you will never get a job with such responsibility again blah blah' he would then send them off for reports and when they came back give them a slap on the wrist.

Please do try not to worry, jsut be aware the wheels of justice can turn very slowly

My next trick is to see if I can write a post with no cliches in it

Comment

I am very grateful to you and all other members here for your piece of advice and words of guidance. Thank you so much guys.

yes i am 36 years old, luckily i got job in another company,i am more than willing to pay the amount back to them.So if given the opportunity,i will pay that amount back and fine on top of that.

I just hope and pray that they just conclude it on first hearing.

The only thing that scares and worries me the most is that,can i get arrested on the day of hearing or something like that.Because then it will mean that i might end up losing my job,my friends and family will come to know about it and thats the last thing i would want to happen in my life...

Comment

Hi Unsure

Just a couple of questions if you don't mind and a further comment

Are you prepared to post a little bit of the background as to why you were so stressed and what sort of financial pressure you were under

As for people finding out - please believe me when I say that people have short memories and those that know you will forgive you . As Oscar Wilde is quoted as saying

There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about.

Maybe [MENTION=87380]Diana M[/MENTION] would be able to ask some pertinent questions and offer words of advice

I won't and I know many others on here will not judge you

Comment

my father was seriously ill,i had lost my aunt with lungs cancer few years back and with father falling sick really scared me.i am the sole provider for the family back home,So to arrange his medical treatment and to make sure that i am able to send him to hospital,i needed money.I looked around and tried to arrange by asking few people i knew,but nothing happened.But on the other side,the pressure was building up that i had to do something to arrange the money.So unfortunately this mistake happened. and i am really sorry for that.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X