• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MY RANT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MY RANT

Just watching VICTORIA DERBYSHIRE on BBC report about Uni students getting involved and addicted to gambling surely if they are so hard up and will end up with huge debts anyway now if they are clever enough to get there are they not clever enough to know the problems with any addiction?
    Tags: None

Re: MY RANT

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
    Just watching VICTORIA DERBYSHIRE on BBC report about Uni students getting involved and addicted to gambling surely if they are so hard up and will end up with huge debts anyway now if they are clever enough to get there are they not clever enough to know the problems with any addiction?
    says it all == misuse of public funds??????????

Comment

Ohhh such a big subject. No one Gambles to get addicted, no one expects/wants to get addicted. On the other topic, you don't have to be all that clever to get into Uni anyway.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

problem with addictions of any sort is that they respect neither position nor intelligence of the addict

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
          problem with addictions of any sort is that they respect neither position nor intelligence of the addict
          My point is the intelligence of some people im thick but know the problems with addictions I could have been a drug addict gambling addict or alcoholic but with my thickness I know better. agree with your analysis though DES

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
            I bet they do......
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
            gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
              I bet they do......
              What odds you offering ?

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
                What odds you offering ?
                Class!
                Actually, I agree with the financial side of this. When I was a student I had to work like a demon just to keep myself fed. No spare money for anything. Salad cream on toast was a common dinner. Where is the money, and indeed the time coming from?
                As for intelligence …well I smoke, drink and am overweight and, sure, as you all know I’m a genius!!!!!

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
                ~ Anonymous

Comment

Addiction is a cruel mistress.

Having said that, when my sister was studying to be a nurse she was told the Uni expected 12 hours on the ward and 12 hours studying. She was basically told she didn't have time to eat, sleep or go to the toilet so my question is... where do they get the time?!!
                  PLEASE NOTE: I work irregular hours including nights and sleep in shifts. If I have not responded in 48 hours, please ask an admin to Messenger me!

"If you ever feel alone, remember, I am just the other side of the rainbow, or just south of the North Star. Whichever is closer." - A.J Murphy. 17/3/1974 - 16/03/1997 (RIP babe <3)

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
                    says it all == misuse of public funds??????????
                    That have to be repaid...

Comment

Originally posted by ADDLED View Post
                      That have to be repaid...
                      If they earn enough

Comment

Ah, now, this old bone of contention. I do actually believe in student grants -yep, (there I said it) because if we do not offer some form of funding only the very privileged or those from wealthier families will be able to go to college. Then it will be just like the old days and the young people from poorer backgrounds would never get a chance. We cannot deny funding for our students and then complain that there are not enough ‘home grown’ professionals.
                        I did two degree courses but only had partial funding for one and without that partial funding I could not have done it. However, even with the partial funding I could not afford to buy pants never mind gamble!
                        I have seen gambling tearing families apart and ruin lives and have battled to stop online and other ‘easy access’ forms of gambling. Now there are students studying what I would call ‘soft’ subjects and those that have too much money and time on their hands but many, many, many are working their guts out on very tight budgets and have very heavy workloads so please don’t think they are all the same.

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
                        ~ Anonymous

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X