• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Transgender primary student 'confusing'

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Transgender primary student 'confusing'

Excellent!
    Px

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
    ~ Anonymous

Comment

Come to this interesting discussion late, but isn't there a slight contradiction here:

"These f’n narrowminded gobshites ................. free expression and different principles should be respected"

Comment

That's the beauty of the human we're all the same yet very different!

Comment

Originally posted by Onestepatatime View Post
          Interesting, however I just wonder how many 6 year olds have enough understanding to know what gender is about never mind how they interpret their own gender?
          I think it parents projecting there own views of kids of that age.

3 girls me, nothing was kept from them, but we made an effort to ensure nothing was put in front of there face and my kids mum was brought up with catholic grounding. My kids would have probebly thought transgender was a colour till about 12. When they did start noticeing themselves, we just backed off to maintain boundries, and allow them to develop themselves.

am agsinst sex edd untill there old enough.
          crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
            Come to this interesting discussion late, but isn't there a slight contradiction here:

"These f’n narrowminded gobshites ................. free expression and different principles should be respected"

I see what you are saying but I think they should not be allowed to use the media to encouraging discrimination. I wish that the parents who thought their children to abuse and even hate those whose sexuality or religious beliefs were different had all been called f’n gobshites, loudly and frequently. Then perhaps we would not have so many hate crimes from beating up homosexuals to blowing up places of worship.

I totally agree with freedom of speech but when people attack a school for allowing freedom of expression I think they should be confronted. They have the freedom to send their child to a school where the rigours of uniform clothing, thought and behaviour are strictly adhered to or they can home school their child. They do not have the right to insist a school’s whole philosophy should conform to their idea of propriety. To insist, in the full blaze of the media, that a school exclude or discourage a child who has issues with his gender identity is wrong.

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
            ~ Anonymous

Comment

The question arises, is it the views/behaviour of the parents that's the problem or is it the interfering media that causes the problem?

Comment

One of my kids has just finished GCSE's at this school.

I'll have to look up the primary schools.
                Attached Files
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Another is here. It doesn't bother me, but maybe all schools should just ditch the boy/girl thing, just seems unnecessary. Funny thinking on it, this school has unisex bathrooms.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Amethyst; 12th September 2017, 10:07:AM.
                  #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Unisex toilets! Hurrah! Mind you, I doubt if they have urinals.
                    Would you believe in the convent I went to they removed the plastic toilet seats to discourage ‘loitering’.
                    Don’t talk to me about damage!!
                    Didn’t stop me wandering down the lane to covet my neighbour’s ass.

~ Anonymous

Comment

Part of our freedoms of expression is the right to call these people narrow minded gobshites

I would welcome a debate with these parents as to what they think is wrong because I am sure I could take their arguments part piece by piece.

I have to say that where sexuality is concerned, my nieces and nephews (if they were born) met my wife and have also met my partner - the youngest has only ever known of Uncle Warwick and xxxxxx

Comment

Originally posted by warwick65 View Post
                        Part of our freedoms of expression is the right to call these people narrow minded gobshites

I would welcome a debate with these parents as to what they think is wrong because I am sure I could take their arguments part piece by piece.

I have to say that where sexuality is concerned, my nieces and nephews (if they were born) met my wife and have also met my partner - the youngest has only ever known of Uncle Warwick and xxxxxx

Freedom of expression applies to all and brings with it a right not to be verbally abused.
                        You may not agree with their viewpoint, but they have as much right to express it as you do your view without resorting to childish name calling.

And in case you haven't noticed I have not commented on the discussion either way as I'm too old!!! lol

Comment

You are never to old to have an opinion.

Clearly I would not actually call anyone a narrow minded gobshite. I would however ask what evidence they have for their opinions. If I can then challenge it I would.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X