Thread: Damage to credit status

• Display

Mentions
    1 Post(s)

Default Damage to credit status

Hello

My employer has been late paying my salary on several occasions by 4/5 days which has resulted in returned direct debit payments on my car insurance. I assume these will have been registered on my credit file has missed payments. Could i claim for breach of contract and damage to my credit status???/\

Thanks

VIP Member

Mentions
    1627 Post(s)

Default Re: Damage to credit status

Quote Originally Posted by Ihaterbs View Post
    Hello

My employer has been late paying my salary on several occasions by 4/5 days which has resulted in returned direct debit payments on my car insurance. I assume these will have been registered on my credit file has missed payments. Could i claim for breach of contract and damage to my credit status???/\

Thanks
    Hi Welcome,

Before starting any complaint the credit reference agencies Noddle/ Clearscore free online.
    Have you taken this up with your employer?

nem
    The Advice I Give and Draft Letters Provided Are Drawn From Personal Experience and Career Training And Are Given Freely And Without Liability.
    Please make your own decisions with care and if necessary seek qualified legal advice.
    I will not advise by Private Message. If Specific Advice is Needed please Tag me in your post by typing @Nemesis45 . If you receive messages from anyone offering advice for a fee please report it to the site team. Animo et Fide.

VIP Member

Mentions
    9 Post(s)

A late payment to car insurance won't show on your credit file and as the overdrawn balance has been repaid quickly it's unlikely your bank have registered anything with credit reference agencies either.

Noodle allows you to see your credit rating and status for free here: https://www.noddle.co.uk/

I would move my DD's if it was me and possibly start looking for a new job, you could perhaps claim for the charges and interest you have incurred on your bank account.
    My posts on this forum are offered based on my experience dealing with a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training and if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact the CAB. If you follow anything I write on this forum you do so at your own risk and I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other out comes.

Mentions
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jaguarsuk View Post
    A late payment to car insurance won't show on your credit file and as the overdrawn balance has been repaid quickly it's unlikely your bank have registered anything with credit reference agencies either.

Noodle allows you to see your credit rating and status for free here: https://www.noddle.co.uk/

I would move my DD's if it was me and possibly start looking for a new job, you could perhaps claim for the charges and interest you have incurred on your bank account.
    Thank you. The link to the fee credit report is excellent.

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Hi,

Do consider raising a formal grievance, stating that you don't accept the principle of "late payments" and never did. Further, that your continued work with the firm is "under protest". Keep this confidential: don't tell your workmates, helps sort out YOUR problem sometimes.

The grievance should be heard, if it ignored then (up to a point) you MAY be able to leave without notice if you get a new job where an immediate start is necessary. Even if heard there will be a delay while you look.

The principle is that paying wages, on time, is a fundamental part of the employment contract, breach of which could entitle the employee to consider the contact ended UNLESS they have "assented to the breach" (shown they are putting up with the delays) by "working on".

Raising a grievance demonstrates you aren't "assenting" even while you "work on". This won't last forever, impossible to give an exact time.

Viking