• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Potential professional negligence claim against solicitor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potential professional negligence claim against solicitor

Hi all,

I had a solicitor accept a case of mine under a CFA. It was a discrimination claim.

The firm in question failed to get disclosure from the other side after sending them a letter before action (the disclosure request was treated as a subject access request which was never fulfilled).

Around 10 months passed and a working day before the deadline I received very poorly formed advice from the firm's barrister. This, understandably, left me in a very difficult position.

I am considering exploring a negligence claim but I am mindful of the fact that there are very few firms that accepts discrimination cases, brought to a County Court, on a CFA.

I am considering reporting the case to the Legal Ombudsman but they are completely hopeless and incompetent.

The problem is that if I get another firm to accept the negligence case the firm that could have been negligent will refuse to deal with me again due to a conflict of interest I suspect.

Any input appreciated.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X