• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County court claim from Lowell Portfolio for a Studio Gifts debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: County court claim from Lowell Portfolio for a Studio Gifts debt

It doesn't give an inception date on the POC so the only place that date is mentioned is on this agreement ?

I think include SB in the defence yes - the onus of proof is on them and it doesn't hurt to plead it so long as there's a good back up defence ( which there is under s.78 & s.61 I think )
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      It doesn't give an inception date on the POC so the only place that date is mentioned is on this agreement ?

I think include SB in the defence yes - the onus of proof is on them and it doesn't hurt to plead it so long as there's a good back up defence ( which there is under s.78 & s.61 I think )
      POC ??

Comment

Originally posted by Leego59 View Post
        POC ??
        Sorry - Particulars of Claim - the text on the front of the original claim form.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Do you recall how you made your first order from them ? and do you have any recollection of ever signing such an agreement ?
          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Should the creditor address not be their registered address not their postal address?
            https://www.informdirect.co.uk/busin...t-be-included/
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
            gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Sorry - Particulars of Claim - the text on the front of the original claim form.
              No it hasn't only that date on the agreement

Comment

This is a copy of my defence l'm not sure about sections 9, 11 ,13 and 18 do i include these and section 7 do i put my name and one last thing do i put the date I received the court claim through the post or issue date
                Thanks for all this help wouldn't be able to do this without you

Claim No: [XXXXX]

Lowell Portfolio Ltd

Claimant

And

[Defendants Name]

Defendant

DEFENCE

1.I received the claim [Claim Number] from the Northampton County Court Buisness Centre on the 5/09/17 ????

2.Each and every allegation in the Claimants statement of case is denied unless specifically admitted in this Defence.

3.This claim is for a Catalogue Account agreement regulated under the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

4.It is admitted that the Defendant has previously entered into an agreement with Express Gifts Ltd for provision of credit.

5.The Claimants statement of case fails to give adequate information to enable me to properly assess my position with regards to the claim.

6.The Claimant’s Particulars of Claim fail to state when the agreement was entered into.

7.[The Defendant contends the alleged debt is statute barred by virtue of Section 5 of the Limitations Act 1980 in that no payment or acknowledgment has been made for over 6 years] ????

8.The Claimants statement of case states that the account was assigned from Express Gifts Ltd to Lowell Portfolio Ltd on [Date]. The Defendant does not recall receiving notice of this assignment.

9.It is denied that Express Gifts Limited* served any Default notice on the Defendant pursuant to s87 Consumer Credit Act 1974. The Claimant is required to prove that a compliant Default Notice was served upon the Defendant. ????

10.On the 08/09/2017 I sent a request for inspection of documents mentioned in the claimant’s statement of case under Civil Procedure Rule 31.14 to Lowell Solicitors . I requested the Claimant provide copies of the Agreement and Default Notice.

11.[Claimant’s Solicitor] has not sent any of these documents to me. ????

12.On the 08/09/2017 I sent a formal request for a copy of the original agreement to Lowell* Portfolio Ltd pursuant to section 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 along with the statutory £1 fee.

13.The Claimant has failed to comply with s78 Consumer Credit Act 1974 and by virtue of s78 Consumer Credit Act 1974 cannot enforce the agreement. ????

15.Under Civil Procedure Rule 16.5 (4) Where the claim includes a money claim, a defendant shall be taken to require that any allegation relating to the amount of money claimed be proved unless he expressly admits the allegation. Therefore, it is expected that the Claimant be required to prove the allegation that the money is owed as claimed.

16.I request the court orders the Claimants to provide the necessary documentation in order for me to fully plead my case else the Claim should stand struck out.

17.In the event that the relevant documents are received from the Claimants I will then be in a position to amend my defence, and would ask that the Claimants bear the costs of the amendment.

18.It is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief as claimed or at all.

Statement of Truth

The Defendant believes that the facts stated in this Defence are true.

Signed ________________________________

Dated* ________________________________

Comment

Consumer Credit (Agreements) regs 1983

Parties to agreement
                  2. All types. (1) The name and a postal address of the owner.
                  (2) The name and a postal address of the hirer.

so postal address seems to be enough.
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

like this one http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/g...ther/mycca.jpg

See this bugs me too on the address as this was on a thread posted in 2008 umm here -> http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...-me-off./page2

Should the creditor address not be their registered address not their postal address?

( Still the FS(DM)2004 kill it if the 2000 date is right - the address issue is just annoying me now)
                    Yes that's exactly the one

Comment

How's anyones Maths ability feeling this morning?

2.0 pence in the £1 every 28 days

what interest rate does that equate to?

( I've got 3 agreements with 3 different % rates for the same 2.0 pence in the £1 every 28 days )
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

How's anyones Maths ability feeling this morning?

2.0 pence in the £1 every 28 days

what interest rate does that equate to?

( I've got 3 agreements with 3 different % rates for the same 2.0 pence in the £1 every 28 days )
                        Hi Amethyst
                        I'm off on my hols now ,could you check my defence that I've postedplease , theres a few sections im not sure about
                        Thanks so much for your help

Comment

Will do I'm just writing some bits for you re the dodgy agreement xxx

You're submitting on your return aren't you?

Have a really lovely holiday - and don't worry about this - they're pretty stuffed xxxx
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Will do I'm just writing some bits for you re the dodgy agreement xxx

You're submitting on your return aren't you?

Have a really lovely holiday - and don't worry about this - they're pretty stuffed xxxx
                            Yes I am and thank you so much
                            Speak soon xx

Comment

Originally posted by Leego59 View Post
                              Yes I am and thank you so much
                              Speak soon xx
                              Morning Amethyst
                              I'm back off my holiday, I will be submitting my defence later today please could you advise on some of the sections I wasn't sure of in my defence (which I've put question marks by) I posted , also I still haven't received a copy of the default notice I asked for
                              Many thanks

Comment

I'll give [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] a nudge for you.
                                CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                                Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                                gets his brain a-going.
                                Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                                The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X