• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Questionable Dates of Default and CCJ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questionable Dates of Default and CCJ

Good Afternoon, hope today is a good day for all.

My first post for a little guidance: apologies for the length and I hope it makes sense!

Having just checked my credit file (the last time may have been 2013/14)on two different companies I found that I have a CCJ registered the date of which is 13 December 2014 and a default account settled 17 May 2015 but default date 07 August 2016

The CCJ
    From my understanding this refers to a disputed outstanding balance for a Barclaycard paid of and card cancelled in 2004. The amount outstanding and settlement figure was given by Barclays.

The following details contact I have had with Barclays since 2004:
    May 2012 I applied for PPI refund on this card on the application I detailed ' the card was paid of in 2004 however I have recently noticed a default on this account from a company that states an outstanding balafon £251.54 has been sold on to them.' Barclays rejected the PPI claim.
    I contact the credit reference agency and disputed the default as the account had been paid of.
    I believe they tried to contact Barclays.

July 2013 received a letter from Lowell referring to an outstanding debt with Barclays and offering to reduce the debt to £62.95 which I must have ignored.

January 2016 I received a letter from Barclays stating they will be reviewing my PPI information sent but the claim not to have received via there own portal and suggested I completes do send again! I have now September 2017 completed a new PPI claim via Resolver.

My concern/question if the CCJ is relating to a 2004 account what if anything do I need to do find out why it was issued 2014 and if there is anything I can do to get the date changed. If Barclays can prove I owe the outstanding amount I will pay this but it is quite concerning that a company can obtain a CCJ against me 10 years after the date and without my knowledge.

The Default
    This referees to an outstanding balance with Tesco' which I am now in a position to begin to reduce but am concerned as which date stands as default date. The account now appears to be held by Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Limited? I have no correspondence from these people so wondered if anyone could advise on what lettered I would need to send them to get this information and arrange to pay this debt of.

Any help and consideration would be welcomed, have a lovely afternoon.

Endevorforever
    Tags: None

Re: Questionable Dates of Default and CCJ

Good Evening, hope its been a good day��

Thought I would share an update on this post;

The CCJ is actually from LLoyds, I had asked them for information back in 2012 as there was a default on my credit report which I disputed via Lloyds and the credit reference agency. The debt had occurred via charges which I received after going overdrawn on an unused account which Lloyds had decided to go into and take payments for a credit card. I requested a list of my transactions Lloyds asked me to prove who I was I sent this information by return and have had no response since.

So not the Barclaycard debt which I thought it may have been.

I emailed led the The credit reference agency who replied they are unable to,do anything with out a confirmation from the court. I emailed by return with the dispute reference from 2012, they are now going to,explore this.

The default: I believe it's for Tesco but not sure so have sent a prove it letter, then a CCA and £1.00. However this evening, I found an envelope which contained a card from Robinson Way detailing they were acting for Hoist and could I contact them about the outstanding debt to arrange payment.

Interesting!

Have a good night

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X