• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

delays , is it normal?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• delays , is it normal?

I have been perusing a case for 2 years with solicitors, I got fed up with my first solicitor as I wasn't being informed and he did nothing for 13 weeks as he was waiting for a reply from the defendant’s solicitor.
    I changed to another solicitor who at the initial interview said they could sort my case out and would keep me informed. Now I have been waiting for 18 weeks with no contact from them so I phoned them yesterday but she was out of her office and I was assured she would phone me back in the afternoon, 24 hrs later still no contact!
    Is this normal behaviour for solicitors as I have never used one before???
    Tags: None

Re: delays , is it normal?

Hi
    yes it can be, especially if they have nothing to report as in the case of your first solicitor although they really should make you aware of when and why they will contact you such as ' I will be in touch when I have had a response to my letter toxxxxxx)

Remember as well, many solicitors charge for every letter sent etc so do you really want them writing to you every week saying still waiting - another £25 ?

Comment

Thanks, I thought they would at least chase up the defendants solicitor after a few weeks but it seems they do nothing until they are contacted, as a paramedic I would love their pay and conditions I could just drive by a collapsed person and wait for instructions then go to them when I had finished lunch (not that we get lunch!) lol.

Comment

I know it is annoying and we all think we would do better if it were us and although I am not a solicitor , I do know one or two and it is not a walk in the park. Yes they can earn lots of money but I know two that work at least 6 days a week, week in week out and wish the EU working time directive applied to them.
        Sadly as in most jobs these days it is a case of prioritising and the 'just in time' model of work.

I am sure it will be on their list, especially as you have now called- if not maybe another gentle prod.

Comment

It is an extraordinarily long period of time with the new solicitors. However, if you have move solicitors for the very same reason I suspect the current solicitors will want your file of papers rather than starting from scratch. If so, then the previous solicitors will probably want an undertaking from your new ones that they will get paid (if you've not already paid them otherwise the papers could be released) if your successful in your claim.

Is the claim on a no-win no fee basis or are you paying privately?

Have you received any correspondence from them such as an engagement letter or acknowledgement that they have been instructed? You might want to invoke their complaints procedure and set the wheels in motion there, if they don't comply you could take it further to the Legal Ombudsman for a ruling. Depending on the nature of your claim, you might also want to be aware of any limitation period if you are coming anywhere near it.
          If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
          - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
          LEGAL DISCLAIMER
          Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X