• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Issues - Housing Association - Possible Loss Of Amenity

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Issues - Housing Association - Possible Loss Of Amenity

We Have lived In the HA property for 6 years.

We were on the understanding that the middle space, between Our properties was a shared/used by visitors space. As agreed Via Tenancy Agreement.

Our neighbours have made our lives difficult for the past 2 months and have also been damaging our vehicle.

Since the neighbours have purchased 2 cars, two events have started to happen:-

1). The neighbours have started to use the middle space full time and even when one member of the household is out they will park in the space mentioned, when their own space is empty.
    On one occasion, they even put their own bins blocking the space for others. Or, parked in such a way (across both spaces) to stop others.

2). I understand, our space is taken up by a caravan. Therefore, I park in the turning around point, not blocking others. Or, in such a way not to cause grievance to others.

Next door is purposely, ( However, cannot prove via video ( as this would be against human rights ) ) hitting my car and causing scratches and even marks of blue paint on my own car.

This is done in purpose. I have seen it with my own eyes. There are ways to reverse park, and out of own space to get nowhere near my car. Yet The Neighbour especially will drive as close to my car as possible to nudge slightly to prove a point.

Since, our neighbours have bullied others from using the middle space. Our visitors, which include friends and family with disabilities have to park in the main road. Friends/family who suffer from breathing Difficulties or cerebral palsy can find the walk difficult. Therefore, this can indirectly be disability discrimination. As I have a brother and a friend that are registered disabled that cannot park in a designated parking space designed for people with disabilities.

These Neighbours cannot be talked to as adults, they cannot be reasoned with. Any situations have arisen in the past. They will become aggressive and swear.

Therefore, I am looking to blame Cottsway Housing with loss of amenity. The distress and inconvenience caused by:-
    A) visitors not being able to use the middle space.
    B) Damage being done to my car whilst parking.
    C) Discrimination carried out by our Neighbours under the Disability Act.

Obviously, the damage being inflicted to by car, cannot be proven without photo or video damage. However, I know it happens.

Since, our neighbours are very immature and cannot be reasoned with like adults. If our Neighbours know we have complained, they will make life extremely difficult for us.

Our HA Have Said I Have To Sort This Out Myself. As Per Email Received Yesterday From Themselves.

What Can I Do?
    Tags: None

Re: Parking Issues - Housing Association - Possible Loss Of Amenity

Nothing really

Your car parking space is were your caravan is.

Shared/visitor/overflow parking spots, just can not be permanantly used by someone. It would be up to you to prove that they were abusivly using it in a way that was stopping other users. Whos insurance covers the spot ?

Even if you had some data, showing that it was being abused, the cost of bring action is massive, you would need a high class solisitor to go through the area plan and lease first, then identify that the problem could be addressed that way,

Start with looking at the lease and plans, and confirm the position of the spare spot.
    crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

Re: Parking Issues - Housing Association - Possible Loss Of Amenity

Hi Stevie1978, welcome to LB.
      However, cannot prove via video ( as this would be against human rights
      What makes you think that?
      Any evidence can be admissible, especially if it is supporting an allegation.
      If this damage can be shown to be intentional & malicious you could involve the police.
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X