• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Voluntarily Terminated car finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voluntarily Terminated car finance

Hi

I am in desperate need of some advice. When terminating my car finance with fiat back in May I emailed them the two template letters saying u won't be paying excess mileage etc.

The car finance was due to end in October as well. Only did 19000 mileage which is average for 3 years.

I was sent a letter invoicing me for over £400 when I contacted them the call centre didn't know what to say to me so gave me an email address to contact someone else.

I emailed them saying I won't be paying it and a very uninformed lady responded saying I had to. I sent the legal letters again and on checking my contract it did state I would have to pay any damage and collection fee so said I would pay the £81 but as excess mileage isn't stated I won't be paying that.

They offered me a discount so I only have to pay £317 and sent me a letter today saying I have 14 days to pay.

The only damage on the vehicle was one alloy and would cost £11. They then invoiced me again adding vat of £3! And told them I would only be paying the £11.

The lady emailed me saying I either pay the £317 or put in a complaint and refused to let me just pay the £81.

My husband and I are buying our first house and it is making me extremely nervous.

Someone please help!

Pauline
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X