• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Voluntary Termination advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Voluntary Termination advice

Thanks all for the replies. [MENTION=102979]Phaeton[/MENTION] I went to the garage and they stamped the book, no issues at all. £170 saved (as if it actually cost the finance company that anyway!)

Appreciate the in depth response, [MENTION=71570]R0b[/MENTION]. One issue sorted already. I'll dispute the cut in the tyre as it's minimal enough not to damage it's integrity. The finance company won't get the report until tomorrow, so I may draft an email tonight detailing my objections and beat them to the punch. They've already showed their tendency to drag their heels... I'll dispute the scratches as well, see where it gets me. Would you mind casting an eye before I send?

Cheers

Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Leetommy14 View Post
      Thanks all for the replies. @Phaeton I went to the garage and they stamped the book, no issues at all. £170 saved (as if it actually cost the finance company that anyway!)

Appreciate the in depth response, @R0b. One issue sorted already. I'll dispute the cut in the tyre as it's minimal enough not to damage it's integrity. The finance company won't get the report until tomorrow, so I may draft an email tonight detailing my objections and beat them to the punch. They've already showed their tendency to drag their heels... I'll dispute the scratches as well, see where it gets me. Would you mind casting an eye before I send?

Cheers

Lee
      How did this situation pan out?

Comment

It was pretty much an ideal outcome, with a few little loose ends. They sent this huge bill, and as seen in recent posts I had a detailed rebuttal for all their charges. A couple of days later I had an email stating there were no fees, zero liability. They would arrange pick up shortly. I didn't even need to fight it! I think I lucked out, I understand my financier to be a small bank, I think when I threw all the legal jargon at them, courtesy of [MENTION=71570]R0b[/MENTION] they must've knew they'd be in for a long ride.

The 'kinks' however are still p*sing me off. They sent multiple default warnings, staring I owed money and my credit file was at risk. Each phone call led to an assurance it was all automated, I didn't need to be worried, profuse apologies etc. I got aboit four of these and and each time there was a promise no marks would be left on my credit file. Low and behold, they put a missed payment on there. They've assured me it's coming off, but that's beside the point.

So upside is I got to return the car with no fees for damage, downside is the battle to keep them off my credit file when they have no right to touch it.

Again, I must give a monumental thanks to r0b, I wouldn't have sailed through this without his priceless advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X