• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

How Late Can a Manager Give Rota?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Late Can a Manager Give Rota?

Hello,

I work in the events industry and I've been with my current employer since June 1st 2015 and have a permanent, full-time, term time only contract with them.

I currently work 7 days a week, up for 40 hours per week with TOIL for any hours worked over this to be taken as my manager dictates.

I have scheduled times and days for some work but most of my work and hours is determined by my manager on a need by need basis.

I am wondering how much notice my manager needs to give me to let me know the times and days I'm working?

Usually he looks at this on a week to week basis but if a new event is given to us late in the week, I am told I must cover it. For example, this morning an event has been scheduled for Thursday afternoon which I've been told I must cover despite it being outside my normal working hours. This usually happens for events after 4pm (I typically work 7.30am - 3.30pm) and events on weekends.

Is there a minimum amount of time my manager must give me for rescheduling my rota? Thank you .
    Tags: None

Re: How Late Can a Manager Give Rota?

What does it say in your contract of employment about a) your contracted hours of work and b) how work is allocated c) does you contract mention a rota system and if so does your contract state how much notice you should be given for rota changes?

I am trying to establish whether you are actually on a rota system or whether you work fixed hours and its the events that are scheduled into your working hours some of which may be know well in advance and some may be at shorter notice.

However if you are on a true rota system then there is no legal minimum notice period to issue or change rotas in the workplace unless there is a statement to this fact in your contract or any workplace policies that are applicable. Your employer does have an implied duty of trust and confidence so they should provide you with ‘reasonable’ notice although this is not defined.
    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X