Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Great Grandchild Investment bonds

  • Share
  • Thread Tools
  • Display
  1. #1
    bb41's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Jul 2014
    3 Post(s)

    Default Great Grandchild Investment bonds

    Bit of a strange one.. My late mother took out NS and I children bonus bonds for her great grandson ( my grandson) in 2010 . She died in 2015 but have only just started to feel able to go trough certain things.

    Probate was all dealt with but I'd forgotten about this acc.

    I wish to change it into another acc which I want to set up for him but was told to withdraw the amount (it's not a large amount just a few hundred pounds) I need the signature of a parent.

    My grandson doesn't live with his Mum ( my daughter ) and I don't have contact with his Dad or step Mum.

    How can I do this or is it not possible .

    My grandson is 13 . I am still in close contact with him

    Many thanks

  2. #2
    Peridot's Avatar

    Legal Admin

    May 2016
    161 Post(s)

    Default Re: Great Grandchild Investment bonds

    Hi bb41,
    Sorry for delay just catching up after leave. Who does your grandson live with? The parents or guardians will effectively be the trustee of the bonds until your grandson is 18, hence they require their signature to transfer monies.
    Could you not write to whoever he is living with or who has parental responsibility for him explaining the situation and asking them to help?
    If this is not possible maybe you should leave the bonds where they are and just set up a new one for him from you?
    Not ideal I know but maybe an option?
    I am a qualified solicitor employed by the LegalBeagles forum to provide guidance on a wide range of legal queries. I am happy to try and assist informally, where needed.

    Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any practical advice I give is without liability. I do not represent people on the forum.

    If in doubt you should always seek professional face to face legal advice.

Similar Threads

  1. FCA WARNING: FSDIB Investment/ FSD Investment (clone)
    By Legal Beagles in forum The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
    Replies: 0
    : 16th March 2015, 11:20:AM
  2. Bonds, bonds, bonds, bonds: what do they all mean?
    By charitynjw in forum Consumer and Civil Rights
    Replies: 1
    : 31st July 2013, 21:50:PM
  3. Premium bonds cut top payout
    By Legal Beagles in forum Press RSS Feeds
    Replies: 0
    : 18th March 2009, 11:01:AM
  4. Bonds can pay off, but not if there's a top-10 bank crash
    By Legal Beagles in forum Press RSS Feeds
    Replies: 0
    : 30th August 2008, 23:20:PM
  5. If you've got any money, bonds are a good bet
    By Legal Beagles in forum Press RSS Feeds
    Replies: 0
    : 5th July 2008, 23:20:PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Contact Us

© Celame (UK) Ltd 2017
LegalBeagles® are DPA Registered No. ZA158014
LegalBeagles® is the trading name of CELAME (UK) LIMITED ( 09220332 )
Registered Address: 25 Moorgate, London, England, EC2R 6AY
VAT registration number 206 9740 02
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.3 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Celame (UK) Ltd Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2017 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.

To find out more about managing your money and getting free advice, visit the Money Advice Service,an independent service set up to help people manage their money.