Bit of a strange one.. My late mother took out NS and I children bonus bonds for her great grandson ( my grandson) in 2010 . She died in 2015 but have only just started to feel able to go trough certain things.

Probate was all dealt with but I'd forgotten about this acc.

I wish to change it into another acc which I want to set up for him but was told to withdraw the amount (it's not a large amount just a few hundred pounds) I need the signature of a parent.

My grandson doesn't live with his Mum ( my daughter ) and I don't have contact with his Dad or step Mum.

How can I do this or is it not possible .

My grandson is 13 . I am still in close contact with him

Many thanks