• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Unknown CCJ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unknown CCJ

Hello,

I wonder if anyone here can help me please? Apologies for the sparseness of info in the details, I really don't know a lot about this claim! I noticed a few weeks ago (whilst checking my credit report) that a CCJ had been awarded against me by default judgement at an address that I have never lived at nor had any connection with in July.

All I have done so far is, a couple of weeks ago, request the claimant (Cabot) consent to having the CCJ set aside. I stated that if I didn't receive this consent within 7 days I would apply for a set aside using form N244, this time has now passed) I sent this letter recorded delivery but have received no response from the claimant.

I have a couple of questions:

- How do I go about getting a copy of the original claim containing the particulars etc?

- What do I do next? I have no idea what this alleged debt is (on my credit record it just has the amount and the creditor as Cabot). Is it too late to send a CCA request etc? Should I fill out a N244 (I am able to pay the required £255 if necessary)? If so, should I include a draft defense? Should I wait for a response to the CCA request if I send one? Should I send the N244 to Cabot to give them another chance to consent (if I owe do actually owe this money, I will pay it but I'd rather not have a CCJ and pay their court fees as this is the first opportunity I've had to do so...).

Sorry for all of the questions, my brain is frazzled...

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
    Tags: None

Re: Unknown CCJ

Originally posted by quantic View Post
    Hello,

I wonder if anyone here can help me please? Apologies for the sparseness of info in the details, I really don't know a lot about this claim! I noticed a few weeks ago (whilst checking my credit report) that a CCJ had been awarded against me by default judgement at an address that I have never lived at nor had any connection with in July.

All I have done so far is, a couple of weeks ago, request the claimant (Cabot) consent to having the CCJ set aside. I stated that if I didn't receive this consent within 7 days I would apply for a set aside using form N244, this time has now passed) I sent this letter recorded delivery but have received no response from the claimant.

I have a couple of questions:

- How do I go about getting a copy of the original claim containing the particulars etc?

- What do I do next? I have no idea what this alleged debt is (on my credit record it just has the amount and the creditor as Cabot). Is it too late to send a CCA request etc? Should I fill out a N244 (I am able to pay the required £255 if necessary)? If so, should I include a draft defense? Should I wait for a response to the CCA request if I send one? Should I send the N244 to Cabot to give them another chance to consent (if I owe do actually owe this money, I will pay it but I'd rather not have a CCJ and pay their court fees as this is the first opportunity I've had to do so...).

Sorry for all of the questions, my brain is frazzled...

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
    Good morning, welcome to LB,

The CCJ " replaces" the original agreement and Cabot usually it seem decline to comply with a CCA request.

Check the Registry Trust ( Trust Online) this holds the data on all CC Judgements, (there is a small charge for each address searched)

When you have the details you can contact the court (probably Northampton County Court Business Centre) you will be able to find out exactly the claim is for.

nem

Comment

Can I ask how you found out you had this CCJ at an address you never lived at may help others

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
        Can I ask how you found out you had this CCJ at an address you never lived at may help others
        Hi, It appeared on my Experian report (with the address that I've never lived at).

Comment

Thanks is it under your exact name seems strange its added to your report hope is a mistake and not down to you.others on here will advise better than I could

Comment

Hi
            As previously said
            Once a CCJ is inplace there is absolutely no need for the claimant to comply with a CCA request

Before going down the Trustonline route have you just just called the court and tried to get details

Another route is to query it with the CRA's however that takes time and if the CCJ is correct , to an extent, time is important in applying for a setaside

Lets hope it is just a mistake

Comment

There are no details on the CRA files other than that a CCJ is in place Trust Online to get the details then contact the court!
              nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X