• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Northumbria water using newlyn debt recovery

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northumbria water using newlyn debt recovery

Hi I hope I can have some help as it's stressing me out. Out of the blue this morning I have received a phone call from my ex stating a letter had arrived at her house for me when she's opened the letter it's from a debt recovery firm called newlyn chasing me on behalf of Northumbria water from a flat we lived at for a very brief time before we split i moved out and then she moved out not long after in 2012. But the crooked landlord has told Northumbria water I still lived there when in actual fact it was empty and now Northumbria water has charged me the time it was empty till he got his next tennent in. Where do I stand ?
    Tags: None

Re: Northumbria water using newlyn debt recovery

Have NW taken you to Court and obtained a CCJ?

Comment

No they have passed this apparent debt to a company called newlyn and by all accounts the first thing they do Is try to take you to court to obtain a ccj

Comment

I asked because Newlyn are primarily Bailiffs. If they are acting as Debt Collectors I would bypass them and talk to NW directly. I'm assuming you have all dates you moved out etc.

Comment

I do I moved straight back to my parents house but I don't have any proof I gave him notice that I left but he never changed the tenancy it was left in my name he never drew up a new tenancy for my ex are newlyns the same company ?

- - - Updated - - -

I do I moved straight back to my parents house but I don't have any proof I gave him notice that I left but he never changed the tenancy it was left in my name he never drew up a new tenancy for my ex are newlyns the same company

Comment

Hiya,

Few questions if I may (they may seem odd but I promise I haven't lost my marbles!!)

First, was the property metered or unmetered?

When you say "empty" was the property actually empty? (except white goods)

Do you have any official documents in your name for going to your parent's home foe these dates (i.e bank statement, utility bill, voting card etc?)

I would firstly speak to Northumbria Water as a general enquiry and ask about their empty property process. Most say if it is unmetered and unfurnished there is no charge anyway. They may ask you to tell them who took over the property, in this case say that to your knowledge it remained unfurnished and that your former landlord would be responsible.
            PLEASE NOTE: I work irregular hours including nights and sleep in shifts. If I have not responded in 48 hours, please ask an admin to Messenger me!

"If you ever feel alone, remember, I am just the other side of the rainbow, or just south of the North Star. Whichever is closer." - A.J Murphy. 17/3/1974 - 16/03/1997 (RIP babe <3)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X