• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County Court date in 3 weeks, need to prepare!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• County Court date in 3 weeks, need to prepare!

Morning all, I currently have 2 county court claims against me in relation to two parking tickets issued by a PPC. I have already submitted my acknowledgement of both claims and submitted my defences.

The history of this is... I've lived on my estate since 2012 as part of a Shared Ownership scheme. In my Lease which was signed upon purchase, is no mention of parking enforcing rules being implemented on the premises. In fact I remember the estate agent mentioning no such regulations had been put in place. In January 2017, Parking and Property Management were charged with policing of parking on the estate. All residents were issued with permits and subsequently had to use the spaces marked out by PPM, labelled VP (Visitors Parking) and U (Unreserved). I received two tickets on two separate occasions for not displaying a valid permit.

As registered keeper of the vehicle they have come to me for payment, not knowing who was the driver the vehicle. On there sign they state 'Enforcement action may incur additional costs that will be added.to the value of the parking charge for which the driver will be liable' At no time have I confirmed who was driving so this is purely based on the assumption that the registered keeper WAS the driver.

The PoC's I've received are very vague and only mention the defendant had breached the contractual terms of parking on the land at 'xxxxxxxx'. The defendant was driving the vehicle and/or is the keeper if the vehicle. I confirm I am indeed the registered keeper but not driver at the time of ticketing.

I am now at the stage of needing to supply a witness statement and any other documentation. I am unsure what type of defence bundle I should put together.

Advise appreciated and thanks in advance
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Biggkidd; 4th September 2017, 10:39:AM.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X