• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Vodafone again .. refusing to honor their discount offer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vodafone again .. refusing to honor their discount offer

Hey people ...

Trouble with Vodafone again, contract is less than 30 days to go now and I called to finally give notice .. But .. I called 1 day early they said so there would be charges.. Pfftt, no chance!! anyway on this call they said please let try to get you to stay and offer a great deal, so they tried and I said I would think on it (The deal was a £10 upfront payment amongst other things)... Today I call to give 30 days notice as it is now in the 30 days and just in case I do find a better deal else where, again different squad this time like "Loyalty team" apparently want to offer a great deal as they can offer better ... so we go through the whole rigmarole but this time they say the last person who offered your deal "got it wrong" and this is the deal £75 upfront fee but could discount to Blarr blarr blarr ....

I state since it's been offered and I have it in transcript and proof it was offered, as they couldn't see it their end it will still be honored?? "Let me ask the managers" was the response for the lady to come back and say no they would not honor it...

Not sure really what to make of it, is it just bad business practise or would they have to honor the offer??

Thanks oh knowledgable folk x
    Tags: None

Re: Vodafone again .. refusing to honor their discount offer

Hi Stu

I have to say Vodafone do not know their arse from their elbow - recently they offered my OH a 50% discount to stay with Vodafone from talkmobile - deal done and recorded on the phone i.e call recorder

First bill came - no discount , called , even gave them the date , time of call the time in the call the offer was made and accepted and they claimed they couldn't find the call.

Anyway when I said, right this will be an email with the recording to your CEO , amazingly they offered the discount.

Frankly their customer service is shot to shit and you must record all calls, get names dates and location

I can even give an age estimate for the guy I spoke to because he was born when Vinny Jones played for Leeds

Seriously if you have a recording and I would be emailing the CEO

I have been with Vodafone since God were a lad but they are seriously trying my patience

Comment

Only too true Warwick .. endless issues over the years and always occurred after tying me down to two years of contract lol

Comment

Hi Stu,

Thanks for making me aware of your recent experience.

If you'd like any help from me, email me via the form here.

To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "Legal Beagles".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post it on here and I'll check I've received it.

Kind regards,

Lee

Vodafone Social Media
        I am an official company representative of Vodafone UK.

LegalBeagles has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help resolve issues.

This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by LegalBEAGLES.

Comment

Responded Lee although it did not give me any reference number just taken me to a Vodafone site with offers.

Comment

Hi Stu,

As your email hasn't reached me, email me with a contact number only at eforum.web@help.vodafone.co.uk.

To make sure I get it, please quote "WRT135 - Legal Beagles" in the subject line.

Kind regards,

Lee

Vodafone Social Media
            I am an official company representative of Vodafone UK.

LegalBeagles has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help resolve issues.

This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by LegalBEAGLES.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X