• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Voluntary Termination with Volkswagen Finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voluntary Termination with Volkswagen Finance

I recently instigated a VT with VW Finance for my 2011 Golf having paid well over 50% of the value.

Followed all the advice on here; sent a letter via recorded delivery, received a reply in acknowledgement, agent phoned to arrange a condition inspection date (11th Sept) and a collection date (13th Sept). Doesn't appear to be any hassle so far.

They have asked me to fill in and send off section 9 of the V5 document. When should I do this?

A direct debit payment is due on the 10th. Should I cancel this?

Can I continue to drive the car until it is collected?

Thanks in advance.
    Tags: None

Re: Voluntary Termination with Volkswagen Finance

You can send it off to the DVLA now to notify them of change of registered keeper, you can do it online by going to the following link

https://www.gov.uk/sold-bought-vehicle

You can cancel your DD now, unless you want to give them free money.

Strictly speaking no you cannot drive the car unless you have permission from VWFS but I guess how will they know? If you choose to drive the car and an accident happens then you run the risk of any liability as a result.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Hi Rob,

All went rather swimmingly at first but i have now received a demand for excess mileage. I've utilised your template letter to come up with a response but would welcome your thoughts on it before sending as it has some personal complicating factors. Is there some way i can send it to you?

Comment

Having now sent a response denying their claim for excess mileage, I received a phonecall from them 'counter-denying' my reasons. Have asked them to put it all in writing. They seemed to be suggesting that my next step is the financial ombudsman.

Comment

Hi [MENTION=71570]R0b[/MENTION]

VW Finance have now confirmed in writing that they do not accept my reasons for not paying the excess mileage and have demanded full payment of just over £1k by December 1st. They suggested that I have a right to speak to the ombudsman, which I have done. I'm not sure whether i should pay the money and see if the ombudsman rules in my favour, or not pay and risk the consequences.

Background
          I have made clear to VWF and the Ombudsman that the reason for the excess mileage is that they took 4 months to transfer the agreement to my name following my father's death (despite taking payments from his estate during that time). During those 4 months i had to use my wife's car, therefore adding mileage to her PCP allowance, which she then tried to claw back by putting some of her miles on my car once VWF had finally sorted it out. They apologised at the time (and even made a donation to one of my father's favourite charities) and are therefore claiming that that particular complaint was closed at the time. It may have been 'closed' insofar as they had finally managed to transfer the finance to me, but I had no way of knowing that 3 years later I would have accrued excess mileage.

The car was in excellent condition when i handed it back. The guy that inspected it flagged up approximately £20 worth of stone chip repairs, which i have offered to settle.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X