• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help ..me again . Tenant now 4k in arrears and trouble with EO

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Help ..me again . Tenant now 4k in arrears and trouble with EO

right peeps update time and you know what that means ???? yes more crap.

So last night an associate of the tenant contacted me to say that they were concerned the amount of time it has taken for the kitchen to be completed (builders only started Monday and all plastering had been done and a few units in situ) I was also so told by this someone (god knows who) that I should have provided my tenant with bottled water and temporary cooking facilities ( she does have hot and cold water and micro wave and the oven was only taken out Tuesday evening ) so only without an oven for 2 days.

Low and behold this morning at 9.30 builders call stating they have been trying to access the property since 9.00 and will give it a few more mins but wont hang about , they are not happy as their tools were inside and I'm being charged for a day without them working.
    The kitchen would have been mostly completed by end of day and if not would have called back to finish off the last bit tomorrow morning

To say I'm livid is an understatement and Mr Pinot and Mr Grigio will be my best friend later ......

Comment

It probebly meens there trying to use it as a defence, just record as much as you can, Imedeatly send the tenants a letter stating that the builders need immedeate acsess and that you still have to pay them for the days.

Explain that you have done the work at the first opertunity and that they should consider how difficult it is to pay for the repairs, whilst there rents is in such arrears. Set out the work shedule in the letter, and explaint hat you think you covered everything needed as they had hot/cold water and the cooker was only moved for 2 days and she had a microwave. Mention what part of the repairs are down to there actions, ( but dont be whiney , if you get my drift )

Say if they would have asked, you would have considered any request, but its not reasonable to make demands after the fact, but, neverless, you are prepaird to knock ?? £ 30 off there arrears for the period.

Explain to the council whats happening monday morning, send them an email over the weekend so there ready.

When writing the letter, be nice and clear, remeber the judge will probebly be reading it.

Sounds like there getting ready to defend, clutching at straws.
      crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

I had already written to housing officer and environmental officer on Friday.

Yes expecting a defence going in... it just beggars belief at the demands

Comment

Dont stress to much, there burrying there heads in the sand looking at ways it will go away. Am guessing they have been asking for advice around the internet and may be using that in there defence. Theres not much of a defence against arrears over 8 weeks apart from paying it, and that doesnt always stop the action

I guess the arrears started way before any reportd repairs that were not done within reason. ??? I think, unless theres something glaringly worng, the judge will grant the eviction and give them, 2 or 4 weeks, Thats when yu have to be tough.

I would hope, that the council officers pull there fingers out becuase of them blocking the buiders.
          crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

Thanks CC... I maybe over thinking all of the time . Only a week to go and thankfully no word off the builders so they must have got in this morning.

The arrears started in December 2015 so nothing was ever reported to me about any problems as an excuse not to pay

Comment

So court day arrived . I set off at just gone 5 this morning , case was for 10.30
              i finally arrived at the court at 9.45, a very stressful trip with more traffic than usual , Sod’s law !!
              i was sat by the reception desk and my heart sank when a call came through from tenant to say that their child was ill and they couldn’t make it
              i was fully expecting it to be adjourned, I’m ashamed to say but I broke down quietly in a corner . A combination of being up 24 hours and stress
              finally got called in to a room and all my paperwork I had put fastidiously in order fell on the floor
              i nearly gave up there and then
              after what seemed like hours the whole process was over
              Outright possession order with 28 days notice plus codts
              Again I broke down .....
              Im typing this on my phone whilst having a coffee so forgive grammar etc but thought that how wonderful you all have been it was only right to let you all know straight away
              Now I have the drive back xx

Comment

As it says in my signature, tears are not a sign of weakness, they are a sign that you have been strong to long.
                Safe drive home and relax and heal!
                PLEASE NOTE: I work irregular hours including nights and sleep in shifts. If I have not responded in 48 hours, please ask an admin to Messenger me!

"If you ever feel alone, remember, I am just the other side of the rainbow, or just south of the North Star. Whichever is closer." - A.J Murphy. 17/3/1974 - 16/03/1997 (RIP babe <3)

Comment

Originally posted by slainte caragh View Post
                  As it says in my signature, tears are not a sign of weakness, they are a sign that you have been strong to long.
                  Safe drive home and relax and heal!
                  Thank you , I needed a few cups of caffeine before getting to my car. I’m looking really silly as I’m still tearful
                  it’s been a long road

Comment

Good news

hope you can relax a bit now, it is tough to go through first time, buit also quite empowering when it goes your way. A lot of LLs get scard off court beucase of stuff thats writen on the net. Its usualy quite stright forward.

Next stage, dealing with the tenants properly, during the next 4 weeks, and making the council be realistic. I will post up later some advice i have in dealing with tenants on the way out.

Comment

Originally posted by bb41 View Post
                      Outright possession order with 28 days notice plus codts
                      Fabulous news - and as it should be !!

Sad that you had to go through any of this at all though - coming to terms lately with the apparent fact that the bloody world is full of scum bags and the decent folks get walked on.... t'is the wrong way around.
                      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

If your let to the council they take over responsibility for the rent rather than the tenant. In some cases they also pay you when the property is empty.

Comment

Originally posted by seduraed View Post
                          If your let to the council they take over responsibility for the rent rather than the tenant. In some cases they also pay you when the property is empty.
                          Yes but this was a long term tenancy and after this will no longer let to HB tenants ever again.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                          Fabulous news - and as it should be !!

Sad that you had to go through any of this at all though - coming to terms lately with the apparent fact that the bloody world is full of scum bags and the decent folks get walked on.... t'is the wrong way around.
                          Thanks Amethyst... still a bit further to go what with bailiffs but the biggest hurdle done... thanks for your ongoing support

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy council View Post
                            Good news

hope you can relax a bit now, it is tough to go through first time, buit also quite empowering when it goes your way. A lot of LLs get scard off court beucase of stuff thats writen on the net. Its usualy quite stright forward.

Next stage, dealing with the tenants properly, during the next 4 weeks, and making the council be realistic. I will post up later some advice i have in dealing with tenants on the way out.
                            You read my mind CC... what happens next??? I have no paperwork , is this OK?

I'll leave you alone for tonight though :-) and thank you so much

Comment

Was there also a money Judgment for the rent arrears or did it only give you possession of the property?

You need to recover your £4k !

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
                                Was there also a money Judgment for the rent arrears or did it only give you possession of the property?

You need to recover your £4k !

Di
                                Yes a money order and court costs.. all a waste of time as I won't get a penny back.. just hope this long thread helps someone in the future... it has been going on for so long x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X