• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help ..me again . Tenant now 4k in arrears and trouble with EO

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Help ..me again . Tenant now 4k in arrears and trouble with EO

Congratulations - take a look at this link - Attachment of Benefits

You may be able to get an attachment to benefits which although you may not receive much per week, will give you something back on a regular basis.

You will need to know her National Insurance Number though. And then if she returns to work at any stage, follow it up with an Attachment to earnings.

Comment

Originally posted by Wylderose View Post
      Congratulations - take a look at this link - Attachment of Benefits

You may be able to get an attachment to benefits which although you may not receive much per week, will give you something back on a regular basis.

You will need to know her National Insurance Number though. And then if she returns to work at any stage, follow it up with an Attachment to earnings.
      Thank you Wylderose.. it looks like there is a whole separate issue after court....my biggest problem was to secure the property to sell as I have had to go into a borrowing situation to appease this EO

Last night I received a new inspection report which included : supplying extra sockets to the bedroom as tenants were running an extension cable across the hallway as they say 3 sockets isn't enough for their needs.in a bedroom .. also.. skirting boards which the tenants removed have to be replaced,,, doors which the tenant removed have to be replaced .. I've repaired all the sockets that the tenants partner has smashed ... new kitchen that the tenant dismantled ..replaced .. new bathroom completely re-furbished

It's ongoing.. tomorrow with a clear head I will go through the initial report as each item had a time limit and see what has been added to the previous one..

The emotions today going from probable adjournment to a ruling in tenants absence has been like nothing before and I have run an industrial property company for many years with multiple occupancy.
      My problem was knowing children were involved ... big mistake

Comment

Last night I received a new inspection report which included : supplying extra sockets to the bedroom as tenants were running an extension cable across the hallway as they say 3 sockets isn't enough for their needs.in a bedroom ..

What a frigging cheek..... But then again, I wonder if I should try this one with my landlord. I only have 2 sockets in my bedroom and that is a lot here in the Midlands.

The norm here seems to be 1-2 sockets in the kitchen, 1-2 in lounge, 2 in kitchen and 1 in the bedroom. Everywhere I have lived I have always complained about the lack of sockets.

Comment

Last night I received a new inspection report which included : supplying extra sockets to the bedroom as tenants were running an extension cable across the hallway as they say 3 sockets isn't enough for their needs.in a bedroom ..

What a frigging cheek..... But then again, I wonder if I should try this one with my landlord. I only have 2 sockets in my bedroom and that is a lot here in the Midlands.

The norm here seems to be 1-2 sockets in the kitchen, 1-2 in lounge, 2 in kitchen and 1 in the bedroom. Everywhere I have lived I have always complained about the lack of sockets.
          Live in my house.. brand new bathroom, kitchen, you name it you can have it... oh and don't worry about paying the rent it's free !!

Jeez if there was one complete set of rules I wouldn't mind but because all the damage has been caused by the tenant it seems unfair I have to put it right .. but tomorrow is another day

Comment

I think that is a bit of a generalisation - I have 8 sockets in my lounge of a 1 bed flat in the midlands and 7 in my Kitchen - my OH has 2 in each bedroom 4 in the lounge 1 in the hall and 4 in the kitchen and that is in Brum.

Mind you it is all about positioning

Comment

Socketgate lol.... I think it has a lot to do with the age of the property too - we have 2 sockets in each bedroom ( and a cacophany of extension leads - but funnily enough use the socket in the bedroom to plug the extension cable into not trail it across the hall because that's just bonkers) - anyway it's a council property so pretty sure if there was an issue with ONLY 2 sockets in a bedroom they'd go round adding more in their propertys lol.

That inspection report should advise the tenants to run the extension from the sockets in the room they need the extra power in, or have less stuff using power in those rooms - they probably dont pay their electricity bill anyway.

Ahh well, 28 days............ and counting !
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                Socketgate lol.... I think it has a lot to do with the age of the property too - we have 2 sockets in each bedroom ( and a cacophany of extension leads - but funnily enough use the socket in the bedroom to plug the extension cable into not trail it across the hall because that's just bonkers) - anyway it's a council property so pretty sure if there was an issue with ONLY 2 sockets in a bedroom they'd go round adding more in their propertys lol.

That inspection report should advise the tenants to run the extension from the sockets in the room they need the extra power in, or have less stuff using power in those rooms - they probably dont pay their electricity bill anyway.

I do agree, what sort of numpty wouldn't use an extension lead or adaptor in the sockets in the room

Two sockets should be more than enough in a bedroom unless you have some strange 'needs'

Comment

Hi

Gaining the eviction should stop all that i think, depends ifthe TT appeals, Usualy, what happens is the TTs use the eviction notice to get the council to rehouse them, complaing about the repairs further might just be pushing for that. Depending on teh wording on the new notice ( required or recomended ) , you might just want to play the time out. Sometimes it makes sence to negoteate around the date with the tenant if they secure another property, but dont mention that unless it comes up

My problem was knowing children were involved ... big mistake
                  All agencys and most landlords would have acted at 8 weeks arrears or the first sign of damage, and not put the effort in you have to try sort it. You have been more considerate than most and given them a long time to sort things out. The judge would have properly considered everything if they submitted a defence
                  crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

It was a bit tongue in cheek Warwick, but then again here in Stoke, we are, so they say, one of the most impoverished areas in the UK.

Please don't walking behind me, you might see the cardboard in my shoes - my father in law used to love to trot that one out.

I must admit though that my property is just a tad shy on sockets. Probably because it is an old ex council 1950's/60's house and back then electrical appliances must have been a real luxury so who needed sockets anyway. Besides the house was probably designed by a man and I have not met many men who think like women especially when it comes to adding sockets to a kitchen. They seem to think you can run the fridge, kettle, microwave, dishwasher, washer and toaster all off 2 sockets and one of those nasty little 3 sided adapters

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post

The whole report is bonkers amethyst ......but my day will come

Comment

Originally posted by bb41 View Post
                        I have contacted them and have had a very good relationship with the housing officer, I have told them that I will issue a section 8 but they seem OK with it .

They have no funds to do private rental again and housing officer has suggested to me to not do anymore remedial work at the property due to the high arrears .
                        They want to leave but can't until I at least get a possession order, I think they want out of the area due to the new partners indiscretions ..

If the sewer problem is down to mis use I will contact the council again and see what happens , ..Your help has been invaluable and I will keep you updated as things slowly progress
                        I wonder what many would do without the advice & support from LB?

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit200 View Post
                          I wonder what many would do without the advice & support from LB?
                          Spirit all my good advice has come from here and not just for this problem.

Their knowledge on so many things is invaluable and can't thank each and everyone enough . Not just with advice but support as well.

I hope me going through this process and keeping people informed with updates will help others in future.

There are many rogue landlords out there but it seems it is the most empathetic LL's that are targeted. This whole affair has been harrowing.

There are no winners as I know a young child will lose a very nice home through no fault of his own

Comment

Spirit all my good advice has come from here and not just for this problem.

Their knowledge on so many things is invaluable and can't thank each and everyone enough . Not just with advice but support as well.

I hope me going through this process and keeping people informed with updates will help others in future.

There are many rogue landlords out there but it seems it is the most empathetic LL's that are targeted. This whole affair has been harrowing.

There are no winners as I know a young child will lose a very nice home through no fault of his own
                            Perhaps there is a case for LB to get financial help from the authorities, it seems to do a better job than CAB.

Comment

yes you are right, I have to be ruthless.. I will let you all know how it progresses

Yes you have to be ruthless, the other side will be.

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit200 View Post

Yes you have to be ruthless, the other side will be.
                                very true but after a while your mental state starts to break too

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X