Thread: Help ..me again . Tenant now 4k in arrears and trouble with EO

• Display

VIP Member

Mentions
    5 Post(s)

Default Re: Help ..me again . Tenant now 4k in arrears and trouble with EO

Quote Originally Posted by bb41 View Post
    Thanks Jaguar, the sleepless nights begin
    Try not to worry, when you go into court if they attend you will follow them into the room, the Usher will introduce you to the judge and show you where to sitl.

It's a little bit intimidating, but the judge is just a person at the end of the day and so greet them good morning/afternoon sir/madam (as appropriate). They may make an opening statement of some sort and will invite you to present your application. Simply state the reason you are applying, as Litigant in Person (representing yourself) they won't expect you to be "all legal" and only expect you to show the proper respect to the court; adress them properly, stand (unless they say you don't have to) when speaking and don't interrupt or argue with the judge.

If the respondent (your tenants) attend and you wish to counter things they say, wait for them to finish their lies and then ask the judge "May I respond sir/madam," then you'll get your chance to counter their lies or if the judge thinks it's waffle they may tell you there's no need as happened to me recently.

It's probably a good idea to have in mind what you intend to say when the judge asks you what you're applying to the court for, as you'll gain confidence from articulating your point across to them. If the tenants show up then he'll hear the case, if they don't end what you're saying with asking that he/she makes an order.

Good luck
    My posts on this forum are offered based on my experience dealing with a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training and if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact the CAB. If you follow anything I write on this forum you do so at your own risk and I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other out comes.

Mentions
    3 Post(s)

Thanks Jaguar, I think I will have a draft set out before as doing it off the top of my head will end up me being a bumbling idiot.... just wish it was over.. I'm not sure how I'll feel over the judgement either way as I'm not sure what I'll do without stress of this magnitude

Mentions
    172 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jaguarsuk View Post
    ..... they won't expect you to be "all legal" and only expect you to show the proper respect to the court; adress them properly, stand (unless they say you don't have to) when speaking and don't interrupt or argue with the judge.

If the respondent (your tenants) attend and you wish to counter things they say, wait for them to finish their lies and then ask the judge "May I respond sir/madam," then you'll get your chance to counter their lies or if the judge thinks it's waffle they may tell you there's no need as happened to me recently.
    Good luck
    very very good advice for anyone attending court in these curcumstances ...

also, accounts listings, especialy with arrears evictions.
    crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Mentions
    3 Post(s)

CC I have all the accounts from December 2015 , also I had to do a running arrears list for the PCOL so listed all of the payments and running arrears in chronological order, also emails setting up payment plans that subsequently failed ...
    It's quite a list to go through ... I'm not sure how quickly they go through everything

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123