• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Iv came to the conclusion I'm stupid

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Iv came to the conclusion I'm stupid

another thing happened yesterday just after Christmas I decided to claim back all the unfair charges MBNA put on a credit card which amounted to near £900 which made the card go over the limit. they charged me £30 for that and late payments £30. then I paid with a check and because they had 7-day clearing which I didn't know back then made the limit go over. anyhow yesterday I received a letter from some company called capquest debt recovery saying, they were taking over the (11 years old debt). so my thinking was ok so you won't let me claim all those unfair charges that made me get in a mess in the first place but, now you want to recover the debt pft I don't think so.

Comment

I just read about capquest on MSE and someone suggested that Capquest is the new name for 1st Credit iirc does anyone know if this is true

Comment

Stupid question I know, and forgive it, but have you spoken to Amigo Loans about this and said the repayments will be too high?

Can you not do an expenditure form (been gone so long I have forgotten what they are called) and send it in and ask for help that way? [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] is there still a template cos I am having a pain day and can't think straight... just wanting to, as my dad always said, cover simplicity before becoming complicated.

Is Stepchange still in existance too? maybe they can help rather than forcing you to go bankrupt??
        PLEASE NOTE: I work irregular hours including nights and sleep in shifts. If I have not responded in 48 hours, please ask an admin to Messenger me!

"If you ever feel alone, remember, I am just the other side of the rainbow, or just south of the North Star. Whichever is closer." - A.J Murphy. 17/3/1974 - 16/03/1997 (RIP babe <3)

Comment

Amigo loans aren't really approachable from what my daughter said. I was told by step change (yes they are still around) to do an IVA which will take forever. I am dismissing this because it's not my debt and I'm stressed to bits with it. after Amigo went in through the back door of my bank and took their payment leaving me with no money for my bills say's it all.... I wish I'd followed my gut feelings and refused when she first asked me to be a guarantor, it's knocked me sideways

Comment

amazes me we have Llps on here who litigate - can one of them assist here??????????????

Comment

I hate to say it but I think Mike's right!
              PLEASE NOTE: I work irregular hours including nights and sleep in shifts. If I have not responded in 48 hours, please ask an admin to Messenger me!

"If you ever feel alone, remember, I am just the other side of the rainbow, or just south of the North Star. Whichever is closer." - A.J Murphy. 17/3/1974 - 16/03/1997 (RIP babe <3)

Comment

I'm sorry mike I don't understand what you mean

- - - Updated - - -

Confused sorry right about what ?

Comment

asking for help from Llps who deal with this type subject all the time as a job?

Comment

Have you got the Amigo issue sorted with the bank ?
                    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

they said I had to wait for the money to show on my bank statement before they could request it back

- - - Updated - - -

I really don't know what a Llp is and are you asking me or someone to help apologies but I have no idea

Comment

para legal asking for help yes

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
                          amazes me we have Llps on here who litigate - can one of them assist here??????????????
                          Originally posted by slainte caragh View Post
                          I hate to say it but I think Mike's right!

I'm not aware of the OP having a litigation issue.

No legal proceedings have been threatened and no court claim issued.

There's a difference between giving legal help and debt advice. A law firm must be specifically authorised by the FCA to do that (give debt advice).

Di

Comment

Originally posted by sharron22 View Post
                            I just read about capquest on MSE and someone suggested that Capquest is the new name for 1st Credit iirc does anyone know if this is true
                            http://www.capquest.co.uk/who-we-are/our-history/

We’re owned by Arrow Global Group Plc, one of the UK's largest purchasers of non-performing accounts and providers of credit management solutions.
                            http://www.capquest.co.uk/who-we-are/who-we-are/
                            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                            gets his brain a-going.
                            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

I dunno if you're getting mad at me, but I was only seeking advice on what to do and how to handle it

Comment

Originally posted by sharron22 View Post
                                they said I had to wait for the money to show on my bank statement before they could request it back
                                It should show straight away if it's gone from your account - is it just showing on pending transactions ? Do we know for sure if it was taken by CPA( card payment) or Direct Debit ?
                                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X