• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Credit card saga?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Credit card saga?

I am not sure AG are any more active than anyone else. Remember thousands are issued every month and less than 15% are defended, only a tiny minority make it onto this or any other forum

Comment

Interesting now that you put it like that, is there a figure/ statistic for how many that are defended are done so successfully?

Comment

Originally posted by Onestepatatime View Post
        Interesting now that you put it like that, is there a figure/ statistic for how many that are defended are done so successfully?
        Not that I know of but, the chances of success increase rapidly with legal representation or at least in my opinion. Many of the simple arguments are no longer available as credit purchasers get wise to them so more sophisticated arguments are needed.
        Last edited by warwick65; 19th December 2017, 08:56:AM.

Comment

Under which part of the CCA can I request the NOA, DOA? Seeing as the SEC 77-79 doesnt appear ot include it?

Comment

Any further input folks? [MENTION=87380]Diana M[/MENTION]

Comment

Originally posted by Onestepatatime View Post
              Under which part of the CCA can I request the NOA, DOA? Seeing as the SEC 77-79 doesnt appear ot include it?
              Its not part of the CCA, there are plenty of threads on here that explain about NOA etc . It would be part of your defence if a claim arose

Comment

Yes I understand that Warwick, but surely there must be a section in Law that relates to the supply of the NOA, DOA otherwise how is it used in a defence? It does somewhat puxzzle me that a record of such is not held on file by the OC and that the DP/DCA doesnt have to produce it as proof that they have ownership etc of an account, production of it is required in a court room but why wait until it gets to that stage, I thought the judicery is overloaded with claims?

Comment

Google and CONC are both wonderful things as are (some) Lawyers

Comment

Sorry Warwick, what are you suggesting? I thought this was the go to place for advice?

Comment

Yes it is a place for help but also for self help- the people with the knowledge are those that have spent time researching and reading.

Also it is little use just quoting an argument without understanding what that means so again more research.

I googled the following
                      notice of assignment consumer credit act and this came up

https://www.google.co.uk/search?rlz=....0.ptXXj_la1IE

- - - Updated - - -
                      Last edited by warwick65; 20th December 2017, 19:56:PM. Reason: Repeated post

Comment

I'll happily read and ask questions to gain understanding, my problem is finding what i need to read without being sidetracked and reading what i think is right which could be wrong??
                        particularly as some sites relate to legalese conversation which the layman can easily misinterpret.
                        But i take your point.

Comment

I know it can be a bit confusing but honestly just firing questions will not help you at all. take it step at a time

law is an art form and about timing, confrontation can lead to a claim but so can inaction.

You do not have a claim and at this point you want it to stay that way

The starting point is always (well as far as I am concerned) is a CCA request

Another point is that if you ask them for all the details etc now, they will have them all ready to launch a claim

I think a case in point would be my claim, they had no DN and were able to find one in time, in-spite of some rather crass (in my opinion) timewasting

If I had asked them for it 4 years ago when they first bought the debt they might have actually found it

As you know, I instructed a Joanna Connolly when my claim landed on my doormat and would again in a heartbeat if the same thing happened from one of my many many other debts.

Comment

Update: any advice greatfully received.

Following months of emptiness from Drydens and with no contact ever from the debt purchaser, drydens have sent a fake letter which included the mysterious missing previously non existent DN.
                            i say fake as they allege the DN was sent many moons ago in accordance with some law, it never has been??
                            They are still requesting payment as expected.

Where should I go with this now?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X