• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Defence dispute

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Defence dispute

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
    Indeed it is - if you can stick a link to this thread on the email that would be helpful - my memory is a bit pants and I might end up putting the docs on some random post otherwise lol.
    Originally posted by jaguarsuk View Post
    Try drafting it to what you think is the least information you want to put in there. That current length would be for the witness statement.

Once rationalised down, remove the personal info and post it here. Also, please post a copy of the defence as we all need to know what has been said to illicit your responses.

All done. Is my reply to their defence adequate? Or any suggestions on how i reply?
    What do i do once im ready to send the N180 back court? What do i add in? Do i send a copy of my reply along with a N180 to defendant by recorded delivery? Do i send a court fee?

Sorry for all the questions. Just need to make sure i get things right as i feel the defendant will take it to hearing which is something id rather try to avoid if possible.

Comment

2: It is admitted that I requested the Defendant replace the Timing Belt and Water Pump. This was due to xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ( The inspection report carried out a month prior to purchase advising of water pump/cam belt change. ?? ) (EXHIBIT A) (attach copy of inspection report etc )
      3: It is admitted that I requested the Defendant re-gas the airconditioning. This was due to xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

More like that. Go through their paragraphs in order.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thank you

Comment

i read somewhere about a statement of truths? is this something i need to swear on and have witnessed by a solicitor or someone in a legal profession?

Comment

No, it is just yourself swearing the statement you have given is true to the best of your knowledge. It's from CPR 22 - https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pr...rt22/pd_part22

basically

‘[I believe][the (claimant or as may be) believes] that the facts stated in this [name document being verified] are true.’

Signed

Dated
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Rougeout View Post
              i read somewhere about a statement of truths? is this something i need to swear on and have witnessed by a solicitor or someone in a legal profession?
              If you concentrate on getting the paragraphs written as above, we can run through it and then help you add things that are missing such as statement of truth or anything else at the end.
              COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

Thanks. Think im just about all prepared to send it back. Do i need to send the court fee too?

Comment

I have managed to type up my reply today (only had access to a computer & printer for today) printing 3 copies of each exhibit & 3 copies of my reply. Thought i had emailed it to myself but didnt attach grrr.
                  So i'll up load a photo of my reply
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Rougeout View Post
                    I have managed to type up my reply today (only had access to a computer & printer for today) printing 3 copies of each exhibit & 3 copies of my reply. Thought i had emailed it to myself but didnt attach grrr.
                    So i'll up load a photo of my reply
                    Probably still a bit wordy, but as you state you have already sent it in there isn't much can be done.

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

Originally posted by jaguarsuk View Post
                      Probably still a bit wordy, but as you state you have already sent it in there isn't much can be done.

I've not posted it yet. Had hoped to post it today but wanted to wait until i heard back on here if it was ok or not. And due to unforseen circumstances today too i didnt make it to the post office. If it's a bit too much i may get a chance to change it tomorrow or friday then can post it. Do i send both copies by recorded delivery? I've also had an email from mr juctice (from the mirror, helps get people refunds). I had contacted him prior to doing the claim but only got a reply on sunday.

Comment

Okay, let me have a crack and upload something later. I'll tag in others to take a look and make amendments, then hopefully we can have something for you.

Comment

Okay, please see the attached. I'm not a solicitor, so I'm not saying this is 100% right. Edited to add: You should photocopy the defence and then mark the photocopy the way I have in the file "reply1" to send along with the reply and your exhibits.

@Amethyst can you take a look and make any alterations needed please.
                          Attached Files

Comment

I have added to point 19 in this version.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Howdydoody, just having a look through xxx
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Looks good to me [MENTION=104499]jaguarsuk[/MENTION] - much more concise and to the point, only thing I think I'd do is add a paragraph at the beginning stating that as the Defence is not laid out in paragraphs you have reproduced the defence with numbered paragraph for ease of response. ( There is a good way to word that somewhere about the place - will have a look ... )
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X