• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot (again) and Restons

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabot (again) and Restons

Hi,
    I need some advice, i recently received an issue of warrant of control from the local county court, when i called them up, they said a ccj had been filed 2 months ago (may 5th) which i was not aware of, as i had received no correspondence from any of the parties for an old Capital one card.

As i work in the financial industry a ccj can affect my work (i can be dismissed for having one). I completely forgot about this debt from 3 yrs ago as i do not use any of my credit cards anymore and thought it was cleared. had i known this judgement was going to be made i would have paid it off within the 30 days.

Now i have cleared the balance to stop further action, im wondering is there anything i could do as it could cost me my job not knowing i have had this ccj

Please advise
    Tags: None

Re: Cabot (again) and Restons

I think you would find it difficult having the CCJ removed as you paying the balance is basically acceptance of the debt. The CCJ would only be removed if you had a reasonable chance of defending the claim, as there is no defence I am not sure that it can be set aside now.

Someone else on here will probably be able to advise you further

Comment

Re: Cabot (again) and Restons

You need to apply to set aside the judgment to remove it from the credit file. So you need to show that the claim was made at an old address and that this was the fault of the claimant and you would have paid at the time of receipt of the claim form had you received it. It's not guaranteed the court will set it aside but as your job relies on getting that CCJ removed it is worth a try. Also I don't think payment is necessarily acceptance of the debt, you paid under pressure of the threat of a visit from bailiffs, and thought paying would stop all that in its tracks while you looked into what the debt was and how come you heard nothing from the claimant before receiving the warrant.

Do you know what address the claim was issued to ?
      When did you move?
      Did you update with the credit reference agencies? Electoral Roll ? Inform any creditors ?
      How much was the claim for?
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X