• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN from Maritime Car Park, Falmouth

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCN from Maritime Car Park, Falmouth

Hi,
    I have received a PCN from Premier Park having visited Falmouth the other day and wanted some advise about the best steps in appealing. Having spent a bit of time looking at other posts, it seemed to be a good idea to seek advise before taking any action as it may help the whole process.
    Offence date 12th August. Issue date 18th August. Entry time 12:00. Exit time 16:20.
    4 hours parking was paid for. The driver returned to the car (and a half empty car park) on time having abandoned partner and child at the toilets next to the car park as daughter was feeling unwell. Had not acknowledged the whole camera system used - as a Cornwall resident, but not near Falmouth the driver not seen this system anywhere else - so got to the car ready to leave but remained on the site as not preventing others parking and, to leave and wait in the, typically narrow, road near the toilets would have been dangerous. The driver assumed they would be able to have a face to face conversation if there was an issue.
    Would really appreciate some advice and guidance as this is seemingly ridiculous and, yet another example of the lack of human engagement creating automatic 'penalties'. M1 seems to have been amazingly helpful with some of the posts I have looked at, but any help extremely gratefully received.
    I can post the PCN if it helps (just tell me if I should obscure anything in particular, please).
    Cheers,
    Chris
    Last edited by Chamilton; 24th August 2017, 17:32:PM. Reason: changing terminology to protect individuals
    Tags: None

Re: PCN from Maritime Car Park, Falmouth

Hi Chris, welcome to LB.

We strongly advise that you do not ID the driver at the time of the parking incident, neither to the parking co. nor on forum posts.
    Just say "the driver did [X...]".
    If you refer to yourself, do so as 'the registered keeper'.

Yes, post the PCN Notice to Keeper, front & back. (Obscure your personal details inc vehicle reg number, etc, but leave dates visible).

I don't suppose you can get up-to-date pics of the site signage, could you?
    I have some, but they're a year old now.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

2 further things.

Firstly, any first instance appeal to PP usually results in a letter demanding to be given the ID of the driver.
      I certainly would not 'out' who was driving at the time.

Secondly, there was talk some while ago that this land may be covered by byelaws/legislation, & so not be 'relevant land' for the purposes of Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Sch 4
      I did have a quick 'google' but couldn't find anything conclusive.
      The starting point would be the Falmouth Harbour Act 1958 (s5 I think) & subsequent amendments.
      Apparently these folk are in charge.
      https://www.falmouthharbour.co.uk
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hi,

Have amended earlier post, as suggested, and also now attaching PCN with relevant personal details obscured. Unfortunately don't think I can get any current images of signage as we are a considerable way from Falmouth (about an hour and a half).Thanks for help and guidance so far.

Chris

- - - Updated - - -

Just realised that the quality is not great. Please advise if a clearer image is necessary. However, I assume anybody interested will be familiar with (what I imagine is) the fairly standard layout and info and can work out, but happy to redo
        Attached Files

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X