• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Debenhams Credit Card PPI Advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debenhams Credit Card PPI Advice

My wife has had a Debenhams Credit Card for a number of years now and its still valid. I suspect she opened it around 2001-2003 in store as it wasn't a credit card at first but a store card which was transferred to a credit card. We recently noticed that it has PPI on the account although i dont think they call it PPI it is the same thing though. We are not sure how it got on the account but looking back it seems to have been on there for some time.

We recently used the Resolver complaint service to submit a claim through to Newday as they now run the account. After about 10 weeks they wrote back to us and said they could not find the details and we should contact Santander.

I have read some people have written to Genworth to submit a claim.

Our claim will be along the lines that we were never told about the insurance. We did not need it and have never taken this type of insurance out before. We have 12 months of Emergency savings in an UK savings account as well as my wife at the time was paid 12 months full pay if she was off work as a result of sickness or accident. She does suffer from asthma and has high blood pressure. In 2009 she was made redundant after 26 years with the same company. and was out of work for a period of 16 weeks before she secured a new role. We did not know we had the insurance so never made a claim at the time or ar any time during the life of the credit card. We also owned a mortgage free property in USA which we could have sold if we ever needed some additional money. She only paid the minimum balance off the credit card however the balance has only been a few thousand.

What do people suggest we do now and whats the likelihood of success with the clam either through Santander or Genworth?

Thanks

Neil
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X