• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help needed with EE phone account. son now serving prison sentence.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed with EE phone account. son now serving prison sentence.

my son has been given a prison sentence of 4 years, my question is about his mobile phone, I have tried to speak to EE about his contract, but they will not speak to me about it as i am not on his account. The account is now owing two months, and they have sent a letter from debt collection agency, I do not want them to come to my home, but I cannot afford to pay this account for the next 4 years. is there anything I can do to get them to talk to me, as i want to find out if they can freeze the account and not charge anymore interest etc. I am a disabled lady and not working, the stress of the thought of this debt building up is taking its toll on me already.
    Tags: None

Re: Help needed with EE phone account. son now serving prison sentence.

Tell them he is no longer at this address but this is the address where he can be contacted and give the name and address of HMP. The debt is his and you have no responsibility for it.

Comment

Hiya sorry just saw this

Ok so I had a quick look and a quick google, spoke to some former colleauges and some mates who work for EE and have uncovered a few nice lil titbits for you

If you’re in prison or have had a change to your residency status in the UK, you’ll need to provide us with the following information, so we can assess your account:
      Prison or remand: A covering letter on letter-headed paper from the prison, a solicitor or police court of justice, including official confirmation of your sentence or that you’re on remand awaiting trial.
      You can notify us in writing at the below email address:
      life.eventsee.co.uk@ee.co.uk

I am waiting to find out of you can have the account put on hold, so far no update but if you can appreciate a lot of my mates are literally working right now!

Hope this helps, and if i can help at all lemme know

Callie <3
      Last edited by slainte caragh; 19th August 2017, 14:44:PM. Reason: oops!!
      PLEASE NOTE: I work irregular hours including nights and sleep in shifts. If I have not responded in 48 hours, please ask an admin to Messenger me!

"If you ever feel alone, remember, I am just the other side of the rainbow, or just south of the North Star. Whichever is closer." - A.J Murphy. 17/3/1974 - 16/03/1997 (RIP babe <3)

Comment

Just got off the phone with a friend who works in EE.

They judge each case on it's merits, if someone is going to be a couple of months they might say no, if you will be years then possibly yes. He says the best idea is to email in and tell them the circumstances and see what they can do. He says they are actually quite nice people.. well my mate is anyway!
        PLEASE NOTE: I work irregular hours including nights and sleep in shifts. If I have not responded in 48 hours, please ask an admin to Messenger me!

"If you ever feel alone, remember, I am just the other side of the rainbow, or just south of the North Star. Whichever is closer." - A.J Murphy. 17/3/1974 - 16/03/1997 (RIP babe <3)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X