• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Does PCP contracts fall under the HP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does PCP contracts fall under the HP

Hi Everyone

I read @R0b thread on 'A guide to voluntary termination: your rights' and this would prove very useful to me if anyone could answer if the same applies to PCP contracts???
    I currently have contacted the finance company to explain I want to voluntarily terminate for financial reasons.
    The car is nearly 3 years old and I have a small sum to pay to meet the halfway point which I understand I have to pay no problem.
    They've sent me a form me to sign which states 'I understand how any liabilty amount will be calculated' (I believe this is the the 50% owed under section 100 of cca????
    but it also states 'I agree I will settle any charges for collection of the vehicle (where this option is ticked below -but its not even there???), damage, missing items or excess mileage charges as invoiced by you.
    I have not signed the slip but I have contacted the finance company about the excess mileage and they said I do have to pay it because its in the agreement??? They have also shortened the mileage allowance for this year knocking 2000 miles off because I'm not handing the car back dead on 3 years old so apparently I'm not entitled to the 2000 miles.
    Then I looked at the agreement and it isn't even mine so i checked and some of the paperwork is but the HP agreements isn't so they must have mixed it up at the dealership.
    Not sure where I stand.
    Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance
    Tags: None

Re: Does PCP contracts fall under the HP

You don't sign the form that they send you, you send the form that is on this site. The VT is done as soon as they receive the paperwork.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X