• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

YOGI - Moorcroft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YOGI - Moorcroft

Hi,
    I have a similar case with Moorcroft Debt Recovery Ltd.
    I left UK since June 2016 for travelling abroad. Last week my family sent me a picture via WhatsApp of a letter from MDRL.
    The letter is from MDRL date 02/08/17 [Moorcroft Reference 008512792840(D-PC25-I)] and signed by A J Martin (Debt Recovery Manager), Re. Sainsbury Bank (credit card); demanding me to pay £105.07 and phone them to 01614752808 within the next 7 days.
    I do not know what is the balance of £105.07 about. As far as I know, I paid all the balance before I left UK last year and I have not used my credit card since up to now.
    I contacted Sainsbury Bank by email to ask the detail about the balance of £105.07; and I got reply from Beverley Barbour, Card Operations Sainsburys Bank. She said as below:
    "Thank you for your recent e-mail. Unfortunately due to updated security procedures we are unable to provide or update account specific information via email.
    Please contact our Cardmember Services on 08085 405060 who will be able to help with your enquiry.
    Yours Sincerely
    Beverley Barbour, Card Operations Sainsburys Bank
    Pitreavie Business Park, Dunfermline, Fife, KY99 4BS"

I phoned Sainsbury Bank Cardmember Services on 10/08/17 at about 13:30; and talked to a man William which forwarded to Joshua. They did not give the detail about the balance and asked me to contact Moorcroft. They cut off the conversation when I demanded the explanation.
    I sent an other email to Beverley Barbour to tell about the development but I have not received any reply.
    I also managed to find email address of MDRL (enquiries@moorgroup.com) to explain my case and asked more detail about the balance but also I have not received any reply from MDRL.

I do not know what to do and just wait for their reply by email.
    Is there any suggestion?
    Thanks.
    Tags: None

Re: Moorcroft Debt Recovery Ltd - Rogues

[MENTION=49370]Kati[/MENTION] can this have its own thread

On the letter from Moorcroft, does it say who their client is?
    Are you still away or back in the UK

Do you think there may be a balance owed to sainsbury?

A couple of options
    Write to Sainsbury , if you are abroad why not write it , sign it, scan it and email it to a family member to post , saying you were unaware of this debt and could they please explain how it arose .
    If Sainsbury still own the account and you are not sure if it is yours, send a CCA request with the £1 fee

Comment

Re: Moorcroft Debt Recovery Ltd - Rogues

Originally posted by warwick65 View Post
      @Kati can this have its own thread

On the letter from Moorcroft, does it say who their client is?
      Are you still away or back in the UK

Do you think there may be a balance owed to sainsbury?

A couple of options
      Write to Sainsbury , if you are abroad why not write it , sign it, scan it and email it to a family member to post , saying you were unaware of this debt and could they please explain how it arose .
      If Sainsbury still own the account and you are not sure if it is yours, send a CCA request with the £1 fee

Hi Warwick65,
      Thanks for your reply.
      Yes the client is Sainsbury. And I am still abroad.
      I wrote to Sainsbury by email and they replied and asked me to contact them by phone.
      I phoned Sainsbury but they could not give me any information about my balance and this case with Moorcroft .
      I sent an email to Moorcroft but no reply up to now.
      What is CCA request and how to send it to Sainsbury.
      Once again thank you very much.

Comment

Re: YOGI - Moorcroft

Hi
        A CCA request is a request for info and as it is a credit card it would be a S78 request. It needs to be sent with a £1 fee. I have tweaked the forums one for you to put it into the singular and added the odd word.

Dear Sir/Madam
        Re:− Account Number xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
        With reference to the above agreement, I would be grateful if you would send me a copy of this credit agreement.

I understand that under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (Sections 77−79), I am entitled to receive a legible copy of any credit agreement along with relevant accompanying documents

I enclose a postal order/cheque No xxxxxx for £1.00 which represents the fee payable under the Consumer Credit Act. This fee is to be used for the statutory purposes only

I understand a copy of our credit agreement should be supplied within 12 working days.
        I look forward to hearing from you.
        Yours faithfully

I am not sure what sort of IT access you have while you are away but what I would do if possible is to write the letters, sign and scan them and email them to a family member who can print them and post them

I would also send a letter to Moorcroft along the lines of

Dear Sir
        Ref xxxxxx
        Further to your recent communication about the above account, I have no recollection of any such amount due to sainsbury's or any other institution. For your information I enclose a copy of a CCA request I have sent to sainsburys bank

Unless you can provide me with some proof of any liability I will consider this matter closed.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X