• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Voluntary Termination - Mercedes Agility/Mercedes Finance etc.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voluntary Termination - Mercedes Agility/Mercedes Finance etc.....

HI all, just found this wonderfully informed Forum, and wondered if anyone might have any advice please ?

I'm considering Voluntary Termination of my MB Agility Agreement, basically I'm 38mths into a 48mth agreement, and as the Car is apparently in 'negative equity', I may hand it back and get a new vehicle on Contract Lease. - I've never found any Equity remains in PCP;s anyway !

However, just wondered if anyone has any experience of Excess Milage with their MB Agreement, and whether they have been 'forced' to pay for this ?
    As I understand it, Excess Mileage isnt specifically payable when VT'ing, although of course it seems that many Finance Companies pursue owners for it, and it becomes a case of who backs down first ?

I have see one or 2 other threads that suggest that MB expect payment of any Excess Mileage, but has anyone taken them on, stuck to their guns/rights, and NOT paid for it ?

I was a little hoodwinked by my Salesman at MB the last time I changed, and what I thought was another 13k/yr agreement had actually been issued as 10k/yr, to presumably tempt me cost wise, and was something I was unaware of for quite some time after getting my vehicle.
    Hence, I estimate that I'm circa 7500mls over the agreement, and circa £7/800 out of pocket if they pursue for it.

Additionally, although I have had previous MB serviced at good Independent sources which didnt cause me any issues when returning a Car at end of agreement, there seems to be criteria now that suggest they will charge a penalty for any services NOT done by the MB Main Dealer Network, - again, any experiences of such charges ?

Thx in anticipation.
    Tags: None

Re: Voluntary Termination - Mercedes Agility/Mercedes Finance etc.....

im dealing with this myself and if you go down this route be prepared to use a good lawyer that believes you have a case. to fight it on your own is tricky

Comment

Originally posted by shane07 View Post
      im dealing with this myself and if you go down this route be prepared to use a good lawyer that believes you have a case. to fight it on your own is tricky
      To be honest, its never worth that, with the rates the Legal Profession charge, the Excess Mileage and other potential charges would be much less than a Solicitor's time !

I asked a Solicitor recently about potential assistance in another matter, and they quoted me £500 + Vat to send a bloody letter !

Comment

Hi Chris,

Everyone with Mercedes is in the same position as you, and sales persons are forever saying one thing but ends up saying something different in the agreement. I would suggest you report your problems with the FCA as they are carrying out an investigation into the way finance is sold by dealerships. They won't look into your individual complaint but will help give them a picture of whats going on in the real world, especially with dealers like Mercedes.

More info here -> https://www.fca.org.uk/news/news-sto...-motor-finance

I've also added an extra section on the end of the VT guide about receiving a court claim (should you wish to defend it) that might give you some guidance or assistance if it comes to that.

Given the additional mileage you've gone over and the likely amount MBFS might chase you for, that could be something worth defending if you can afford to pay up if for whatever reason you lose at court but that is simply your choice.
        If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X