• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Probably run of the mill?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probably run of the mill?

I've been planning to settle the three defaults I've got on my credit report. They are all essentially fees that racked up when I was out of the country or otherwise disposed and they're all a few years old. One is Santander, the other is T-Mobile and one says Cabot debt management (I don't even know what it was). I've since gotten notices but no other issues, it's mostly a future hassle prevention measure, I.e. The credit check at a realtor possibly failing.
    So I've been intending to just send them final and full settlement letters and go from there.
    My question is, and I apologize if it's been asked many times but I couldn't find it...is what addresses do I post the letters to?
    thank you for any help given and apologies if the thread is in the wrong section.
    Tags: None

Re: Probably run of the mill?

Hi JGrey

How old is how old?
    If they are approaching 6 years they will drop off all your records anyway.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

The largest in 2012 and other two in 2014...so maybe leave the 2012 to time out but try to settle the two from 2014?

Comment

Just checking.....is this for the UK? (I note that you use the word 'realtor').
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Nice catch. It is for UK but I'm American raised.

Comment

The Santander & T-Mobile ones - are they still with the original creditors or have they been assigned? (Sold on).
            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

They're listed as under Santander and T-Mobile with monthly updates on my credit report so I assume so. If Cabot is a collection agency and not the original sender, then they must be since they haven't changed like that one has. I'm 99% sure Santander is because I get statements of balance owed from them occasionally.

Comment

Bump, in case anybody knows the address I should mail a final payment offer to Santander and T-Mobile

Comment

Cabot, in their various guises, tend to be debt purchasers nowadays, buying large portfolios of non-performing debts at pence in the pound. (Cents on the dollar).
                  CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                  Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Ah then that explains that one but that's due to expire. The other two I figure would be worth attempting a final payment offer but there's no clear info on how to settle them.

Comment

EE Ltd (T-mobile)
                      Registration Number: Z7510687Date Registered: 25 February 2003 Registration Expires: 24 February 2018
                      Data Controller: EE LIMITED
                      Address:
                      TRIDENT PLACE
                      MOSQUITO WAY
                      HATFIELD
                      HERTFORDSHIRE
                      AL10 9BW
                      Santander - depends on what the account is for.
                      If bank account/overdraft/credit card
                      2 Triton Square
                      Regents Place
                      London
                      NW1 3AN
                      SAR them for all data held.
                      http://legalbeagles.info/library/gui...ccess-request/
                      CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                      Phelps, C. C.

Comment

You're the man. I appreciate that, that makes it very simple to move forward. Thank you.

Comment

Paying the debts is a good idea as it will stop them ending up in court. It won't actually improve your credit rating.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X