• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MCOL Small Claim and DQ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MCOL Small Claim and DQ

Hiya, I'll get the format for you. Two mins ... and yes send it at same time as DQ, and send a copy at same time to defendant ( of DQ and REPLY )
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Format see http://www.missing-dog.co.uk/assets/...ce_1_of_13.jpg

At the end you put a statement of truth thus - http://www.missing-dog.co.uk/assets/...e_11_of_13.jpg

( sorry about the example being regarding doggy castration lol )
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Do you want to post up the claim and the defence, then you can post a draft of your reply to the defence and check all is well, and your argument is strong as it can be, before you submit ?

( of course exclude any personal details )
        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Thanks for the response. I've uploaded a file with the claim and lengthy defense. Just looking at the response doc and constructing it.
          Attached Files

Comment

I've uploaded a further file as a response and would appreciate your opinions on it. It is quite lengthy but have tried to make it flow and readable and cover all the points in the defence. Any comments/ feedback would be greatly received. Thanks
            Last edited by IronRoad; 18th August 2017, 13:41:PM.

Comment

break up the paragraphs, judges will not appreciate all cramped up statements spread the lining out

Comment

I agree it really didn't tranlate well into a txt file. I've saved an updated version in word97 as that retains the formatting and looks better,
                Last edited by IronRoad; 19th August 2017, 14:13:PM.

Comment

Just having a look through...

The Defence says

1. The faults displayed by the returned transfers were caused by XXXXXXX not complying with my terms and conditions and/or my application instructions.
                  2. Even if the crest transfers were faulty, their part of XXXXXXXXX order was £27.18, so XXXXX is claiming three times as much as he would have been entitled to had the crest transfers been faulty when supplied.

So your reply should go along these lines for those first two points.... 2 needs some work on. Haven't been through all of it yet xxx

1: Paragraph 1 of the Defence is denied.
                  a) The application instructions provided by the Defendant were followed by the Claimant. This is evidenced by the successful application of;
                  i) a previous order for transfers from the Defendant that I applied to another model following the instructions. This model was subsequently displayed on the Defendant's Facebook page and serves as evidence the process was followed correctly.
                  ii) a replacement set of transfers received from the Defendant in response to a previous complaint were applied following the same process.
                  iii) The Defendant suggested an alternative method of applying the transfer which I tried, but also did not work.

2: Paragraph 2 of the Defence is denied.
                  a)The claim is for reimbursement for the cost of 12 crest transfers that were faulty.
                  i)The original order was for ( EXHIBIT A the order??) and the Defendant provided a quotation ( EXHIBIT B the quote ). This shows the cost for the 12 crests was £80 and it is this amount that is being claimed.
                  ii) The additional £12?? claimed is for costs incurred for xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                  Last edited by Amethyst; 18th August 2017, 14:57:PM.
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

I personally would add to the end:

31. I respectfully request that the defence be struck out and a judgement made in favour of me as the Claimant.

32. I also respectfully request that costs of and occasioned in the dealing of this matter be awarded to me as the Claimant.
                    COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

Thanks again. I am a bit concerned that my reply is a bit wordy although I think the sequence of events is important. I like the focus provided by your 1 and 2 as sometimes a lengthy doc is skimmed through . The order email I have and is clear but the quotation is less clear and the defendant 'summarised' the order with a single figure (although making reference' to the batch of 6 crests). Note that he refers to the value of a pair of crests in his defence being £27.28 per pair so 6 pairs are almost £180 and I've added this to number 2. The DQ has to be returned by the end of this week ie the 25th so I'm conscious of timings. Would a DQ normally be sent recorded delivery?
                      I have uploaded a newer version of the doc with your escellent suggestions. Any other thoughts on the length of it? Many thanks
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by IronRoad; 20th August 2017, 20:11:PM.

Comment

I agree it is too wordy, it wants to stick to the direct legal issue - anything further - whys wherefores, did this, did that stuff should go in the witness statement. Have a go hacking it back a bit and I'll be Happy to go through it tmw morning for you xx

E.g. Para 27 to 30 tells your story rather than informs the court of the issues to be decided on, so is better confined to later witness statement...
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Any final thoughts before I print and send it.

Comment

Is it still as per your attachment in Post # 25?
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

I have shortened it to what I would send, perhaps @Amethyst could look at it and make further suggestions to shorten it

Edited to add: All the stuff removed is content for your witness statement as advised above.

Attached Files
                              COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

Thanks for this. I agree that four pages of txt probably wouldn't be read in detail. The why's and wherefore tell the whole story which as you say is probably better for later so your revised edition keeping it to one page with short sentences wil have more effect.
                                DO people normally send these to both the court and defendant by recorded delivery just to make sure it arrives?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X