• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

No CCA reply. Drydens or Arrow global

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No CCA reply. Drydens or Arrow global

Hi all,

I received a debt letter from Drydens on behalf of Arrow Global chasing a debt about 5 years old.
    Worried about a possible court claim i sent off a cca request to Drydens about 4 weeks ago then another to Arrow Global touri

I have had no reply. Should i chase or do nothing?

Worried if i chase it will spur them on to lodge a court claim. So should i leave it with them as it helps me if a court claim.

Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: No CCA reply. Drydens or Arrow global

Hi getsomehelp

Did you get proof of posting?
    What is the alleged debt for? (Credit card, loan, overdraft, utility bill, etc).
    Exactly which Arrow Global is it? (There is more than one).

It does seem possible that some debt purchase co's kneejerk response to a CCA request is to issue a court claim, especially if the alleged debt is approaching the 6 year 'statute barred' mark.
    If you have already sent one to the current 'creditor', plus the £1 fee, & can prove you have posted same, it's probably best not to chase it atm.
    Come October this year a new pre-action protocol will make it more difficult for debt purchasers to issue court claims. They will need to supply documented proof that the alleged debt actually exists.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Apologises for hijackimg thread, but I'm intrigued to ask what changes you refer Charity?
      Should say I'll be watching thread closely as have same with same.

Comment

Hi,

Personal loan and yes got proof of postage (sent with £1 postal order). I will check which Arrow it is.

Will leave for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Onestepatatime View Post
          Apologises for hijackimg thread, but I'm intrigued to ask what changes you refer Charity?
          Should say I'll be watching thread closely as have same with same.
          https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pr...ebt-claims.pdf
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
          gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Thanks again charity for your link. Makes for interesting reading and perhaps explains why the sudden rush of apparent claims?

one part I read concerns me, perhaps yourself or fellow expert could alleviate the concern? I refer to sect 7.1 notably this piece - consider whether all parties have complied in substance with the terms of theProtocol and is not likely to be concerned with minor or technicalinfringements, especially when the matter is urgent

what is the norm for minor or technical infringement?? Does this work in the DCA favour?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X