• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

HELP!! Lowell solicitors/Lowell portfolio

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!! Lowell solicitors/Lowell portfolio

Okay, so I have some debt with Lowell portfolio, I paid Lowell financial a huge amount of money last year as a deal to pay off whatever debt that had.

So I am guessing all these Lowell bloody companies are the same - Anyway I have another letter from Lowell financial saying they have closed me account and I have 0000 balance this must be for something else because honestly I don't remember having this much debt but I know my mum and her boyfriend used to use my name for catalogues and stuff like that and told me that they would pay it obviously not.

My recent letter is from Lowell solicitors saying they have a client Lowell portfolio limited, original company is someone called JD Williams?????? with a balance of £303 so I sent a first step letter to them that another forum advised.

I got another letter from Lowell solicitors saying they have sent a request to the original creditor JD Williams - That a deed of agreement will not be sent to me as it is a confidential agreement between the client (Lowell portfolio) and the original (JD) as it contains information which I am not entitled to see and that no other agreement/deed of novation exists between me and the client (Porfolio)

Judgement in default was entered against me on the 13th of June 2016 for the amount of £50.00 per month and that I am in arrears with my court order.

I really am confused, I have not ever got a court order or agreed to pay any kind of £50 a month I just don't know what this means and the letter was dated 26th and I have 14 days but I only got It a few days ago ?

I just don't know what to say back to these?
    Tags: None

Re: HELP!! Lowell solicitors/Lowell portfolio

Originally posted by rpursell View Post
    Okay, so I have some debt with Lowell portfolio, I paid Lowell financial a huge amount of money last year as a deal to pay off whatever debt that had.

So I am guessing all these Lowell bloody companies are the same - Anyway I have another letter from Lowell financial saying they have closed me account and I have 0000 balance this must be for something else because honestly I don't remember having this much debt but I know my mum and her boyfriend used to use my name for catalogues and stuff like that and told me that they would pay it obviously not.

My recent letter is from Lowell solicitors saying they have a client Lowell portfolio limited, original company is someone called JD Williams?????? with a balance of £303 so I sent a first step letter to them that another forum advised.

I got another letter from Lowell solicitors saying they have sent a request to the original creditor JD Williams - That a deed of agreement will not be sent to me as it is a confidential agreement between the client (Lowell portfolio) and the original (JD) as it contains information which I am not entitled to see and that no other agreement/deed of novation exists between me and the client (Porfolio)

Judgement in default was entered against me on the 13th of June 2016 for the amount of £50.00 per month and that I am in arrears with my court order.

I really am confused, I have not ever got a court order or agreed to pay any kind of £50 a month I just don't know what this means and the letter was dated 26th and I have 14 days but I only got It a few days ago ?

I just don't know what to say back to these?
    Hi, welcome to LB,

JD Williams is a catalogue company i.e. Mail Order.

Judgement has been given in favour of Lowell Portfolio because you either ignored a court claim or did not enter a defence after, acknowledging a claim the judge has decided on the amount payable each month.

You should have receive notice of the judgement a few days or so after it was given.

Do you believe that this alleged debt was included in the payment you made to Lowell?

nem

Comment

Re: HELP!! Lowell solicitors/Lowell portfolio

Hi

What you need to do, and do quickly is establish where the claim form was supposedly sent, could it have gone to another address

The problem is, if you are working it is quite possible it will cost you money to get the judgement set aside if you can show the claim was sent to the wrong address for example

What are the timescales here as you say the judgement was entered in 2016 so over a year ago yet you sent letters ( more than one by the sounds of it) so have obviously been receiving mail. Did you respond to them before June 2016?

It is really difficult to make any suggestions without knowing the timeline because if you want to ask them to agree to a set aside you will need to show why you did not receive a claim form and were unaware + in all honesty you would need to show they would likely fail to prove their case

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X