• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Conditional caution section 5 (1) and (6) public order act 1986?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conditional caution section 5 (1) and (6) public order act 1986?

Hi there I was arrested back in May for this offence and accepted a 4 month conditional caution which includes a fine and a condition that I visit my gp to receive treatment to 'deal with my behavioural issues. I've not visited my gp yet or paid the fine yet as was told I have to do it within the four month time frame but am planning to do so before the deadline of course to avoid court. Now I've had a letter demanding payment asap and they also want indefinite access to my medical records as they said they've not received my gp's details. I didn't inform them of my gp at time of arrest just asked how they'd know I've been to the doctors and they just said they can find out and never actually asked who my doctor was. There's nothing in the conditions that say I have to give them my medical records so can I ignore this letter? I'll inform them once I've been to the doctor of course. I don't consent to them harvesting my medical details for such a minor offence which was basically swearing I was quite drunk but wasn't arrested for being drunk. Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Conditional caution section 5 (1) and (6) public order act 1986?

So I don't know what treatment for my my behaviour entails all seems a bit over zealous. I was a bit of a clown but never threatened or insulted anyone just argued with the police and used swearwords here and there.

Comment

Originally posted by Muppe View Post
      So I don't know what treatment for my my behaviour entails all seems a bit over zealous. I was a bit of a clown but never threatened or insulted anyone just argued with the police and used swearwords here and there.
      Hello Muppe,

Was it suggested that you needed to have help with " anger management" ? Who actually issued the caution, a senior police officer was an police authorised doctor involved?

nem

Comment

Hi nem, It was a police officer who issued the caution there wasn't a doctor there. The condition states "to book an appointment with your local GP and receive the necessary treatment to deal with your behavioural issues leading to the offence for which you have committed" it's a bit vague really. They never specified exactly what for I said oh for drinking and they just nodded. I don't particularly want to go on some course just to suit them as only drink a few times a month. Im not sure if they can quiz the doctor on what was said surely I have to give consent? This demand for indefinite access to my medical records is ridiculous imo.

Comment

Also do you think that this latest letter is just a friendly reminder of the conditions? I was told have to do these things within the 4 months that I'm under caution so surely even if I leave it til the day before they can't do anything?

Comment

Originally posted by Muppe View Post
            Hi nem, It was a police officer who issued the caution there wasn't a doctor there. The condition states "to book an appointment with your local GP and receive the necessary treatment to deal with your behavioural issues leading to the offence for which you have committed" it's a bit vague really. They never specified exactly what for I said oh for drinking and they just nodded. I don't particularly want to go on some course just to suit them as only drink a few times a month. Im not sure if they can quiz the doctor on what was said surely I have to give consent? This demand for indefinite access to my medical records is ridiculous imo.
            Hello Muppe,
            My personal thoughts/ advice would be to make the appointment with your GP show the doctor the caution and explain what it is alleged you did (is there any history of similar events?)

I presume a fixed penalty " ticket" was issued, if so if you don't pay you will be brought before a court.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
              Hello Muppe,
              My personal thoughts/ advice would be to make the appointment with your GP show the doctor the caution and explain what it is alleged you did (is there any history of similar events?)

I presume a fixed penalty " ticket" was issued, if so if you don't pay you will be brought before a court.

nem
              Have spoken to the justice team and paid the fine and asked about the appointment and demand for access to my records. He was nice man said it's just to make it easier so just have to go to the doctor and inform them I've been but I can also have the doctor write a letter and send it to them would much rather the latter of course. He said it says indefinite as cautions vary in how long they are for which makes sense but also said some cautions stay on the system for a very long time even when expired so it would seem they have access as long as it's on record which I don't like the sound of! Maybe just being paranoid but I value my privacy. Yes I am definitely going at some point soon and no I've not been in any trouble of this nature before. Many thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X