Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arrow Global/ Capquest Notice of Assignment for Lloyds Overdraft

• Display

Authorised Representative

Mentions
    895 Post(s)

Default Re: Arrow Global/ Capquest Notice of Assignment for Lloyds Overdraft

Quote Originally Posted by susiec View Post
    The second letter states they are instructed to seek recovery & to accept this letter as notice that should they be unable to agree suitable terms they will issue a CCJ. They have enclosed a statement from Arrow from 16/11/16 to 16/11/17 showing a balance . They state that the debt was assigned to their client , Arrow on 29.7.17.

. . . . The letter states I may request a copy of the agreement.
    Could that letter be a formal Letter Before Claim with a Reply Form?

I can see that in August I suggested you send a s 78 CCA Request to Arrow (applicable if the overdraft facility had been renewed annually since 2012) and a SAR to Lloyds (to get the full history of the account since you became a joint holder and then subsequently a sole account).

You say you didn't send the CCA Request (so do that now) but did you send the SAR?

Di
    I am a Litigation Executive at Joanna Connolly Solicitors a firm which specializes in consumer credit.

This forum’s site rules don’t allow me to give advice by PM but if you need to contact me please email [email protected]. Our initial advice is always free.

Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability. If you are unsure please seek formal legal guidance or contact your local citizens advice bureau at https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Good Afternoon Di
    i confess to doing nothing in the stupid hope it had all gone away as I hadn’t heard from anyone further. I should have known better.
    so I will CCA to Arrow , but as for the SAR , Shoosmith state they have an agreement? Should I request that ?
    thank you

Mentions
    1 Post(s)

When you do the CCA request to Arrow send a copy of the letter and cca request to Shoosmiths, this way Arrow are obliged to provide the agreement to you and the solicitors can see you've made the request.

VIP Member

Mentions
    147 Post(s)

Don't panic when AG write back saying they do not think they are the creditor. They seem to always do that
    Any advice or opinions I offer are based on my experience dealing with personal debt as well as other life events.
    I have no formal legal training
    Any advice is offered without liability
    If in doubt take professional legal advice or contact the CAB

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Why would that be warwick65 ? If they have purchased the debt aren’t they the creditor ? If they don’t believe they are the creditor how can they be allowed to ask for payment? I’m confused!

Mentions
    1 Post(s)

Personally I believe that they do this so that they can torment you via their solicitors in the hope that you back off and just pay up??

VIP Member

Mentions
    147 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by susiec View Post
    Why would that be warwick65 ? If they have purchased the debt aren’t they the creditor ? If they don’t believe they are the creditor how can they be allowed to ask for payment? I’m confused!
    Who knows why
    I agree with you and as far as my understanding goes- so does the law in fact I think there is case law that says so
    Jones v Link says that the purchaser is also the creditor

Oddly ( well to me at any rate) some of the debt purchase industry tried to spin it as good for them because it gave purchasers the right to bring a claim, what they neglected was that (again in my opinion) with those rights came certain duties such as complying with cca requests etc. AG seem to think if they say they are not the creditor, us mere mortals will roll over and pay up. I suspect it does work in some cases otherwise they might not do it
    Any advice or opinions I offer are based on my experience dealing with personal debt as well as other life events.
    I have no formal legal training
    Any advice is offered without liability
    If in doubt take professional legal advice or contact the CAB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12