• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help with Civil recovery solutions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Civil recovery solutions

Hi,

I was recently caught shoplifting in B&Q and have recieved 2 letters from Civil Recovery Solutions (they were delivered to a neighbour and I only got them today) claiming that they will take me to court for their clients losses if I do not pay the £95.15. I have an anxiety problem and on the day was very worried about money and made a foolish mistake, it is not something I have done before and I have spent the last few weeks regretting it.

I was caught stealing a drill bit (value £13) by a security guard, the goods were returned and taken back in to stock and I was banned from the store for 30 days without being told anything about any losses that I would be liable for. The police were not called and as they recieved the goods back i assumed that that was the last i would hear from about it.

I know what I did was wrong but I do not understand what the losses are that they are claiming for since they recovered the goods. Please can you help advice me what to do, the letter says I have until friday to pay or the amount will increase and they will advice their client to take me to court. This is causing me a lot of anxiety as i can not really afford it but I would rather pay it than go to court.

I have attached the first letter for reference.

Thanks
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: Help with Civil recovery solutions

Is it #118.94 before the 'discount' ?

Also funny they are willing to accept the discount amount up to 21 days away, but threaten court within 14.

Personally I would ignore.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi thanks for your help, yes that was the amount before the discount but there is no explanation for what the losses are.

If if they do proceed with court action is it likely to increase the amount they are asking for?

Thanks

Comment

IF they did proceed with court action then yes they would add solicitors costs ( small claims usually it's only around £50 ) plus the court fees ( around £25 ) and they might add statutory interest on ( 8% per annum from now probably ). I haven't seen a court claim from CRS in donkeys though and they would have to justify their claim. And hopefully as you can see it is just a standard amount they claim from everyone regardless... to try to make look like it's been calculated by having odd numbers at the end Have a read of some other threads in this forum for CRS and RLP anyway.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X