• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

debt agencies collectors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• debt agencies collectors

hello
    I am travelgirl and my story is quite long but i shall try and keep it as briefly as possible for you.

where do i startmmmmmm
    it all started when my husband got made retired under ill health, although there is a pension he cannot get it untill he reaches the age of pension age he is 49 this yr thi s im talking about is about 2 yrs ago
    we had a mortgage and cut a story short we had to buy to rent we had to sell our house and rent it back kensignton was threatning us with repossion but yes we took out the p/protection but they paid it for a year only that was it so we in the end had to do what we did ,anyhow we are still in our house but rented now, so i let my clubs know of my situation i had some probs with them and so we went to c.a.b. and told them everything i am on dissability c.a.b. help ed and wrote letters etc but vanquiss stopped the p/protection because it was my husband at the time who was on sickness and they stopped my p/protection payments because of this i phoned them up and sasked why had they decided to stop my p/p and they said because it was my husbands not mine but you have been paying it for a year couldnt get anywhere with them, so they refered me to 1st credit and i argued with them it went from one to another in which at the moment i dont know who is handling it as i got a letter from cahoot athen the next day i got a letter from a diffrent collector bear in mind that jd williams and vanquiss has had the letters and for the debts to be off they sent a no no letter i sent them a re think write off never heard from vanquiss or jd williams they were also asked to freezwe the admin charge vanquis has but jd williams isnt they have kept it on going so now instead of it being just under a thousand its now with admin and interest chargesover £2146.45 this amount is dated 25th june so i guess it will be more when julys xcomes
    i really dont know anymore
    tyvvm for listning
    take care
    hugs
    travelgirl

Re: debt agencies collectors

Hiya hun,

First thing try not to stress, with a little time and patience we can help you get sorted out.

Firstly please fill in the attached income and expenditure form I/E Legal Beagles and send it via pm to myself or Amethyst.

Next please try to type / read back what you have typed, its quite hard to understand as it all seems a little jumbled up. Take deep breaths and take your time hun.

Next make yourself a cuppa and relax for a while.

Comment

Can I check, is the £2146.45 arreats on your rent, or is it a different loan?

Comment

hi sapphire & tom, thankyou so much for your replies so quick as well aw bless ty both i do normally read through before i submit but as you noticed sapphire lol
        tom no love i was 9hundred and something in areas with mortgage with kensignton, we did go to a solicitor and even she was shocked for such a small amount.......
        the two thousand adn odds is the jd williams/fashionworld all there admin charges and interest charges added on thats made it so high and i talk about the banks huh
        i will re read my posting sappire tyvvm
        hugs take care
        travelgirl

Comment

where do I start mmmmmm
          It all started when my husband was retired due to ill health, although there is a pension he cannot get it until he reaches the age of pension, he is 49 this year. This was two years ago.

We had a mortgage and to cut a story short, we had to buy to rent, we had to sell our house and rent it back. Kensington was threatening us with repossession but we had taken out the p/protection.

They paid it for a year only, (THE MORTGAGE?) that was it, so in the end we had to do what we did (SELL AND RENT BACK?)

Anyhow we are still in our house but rented now, so I let my clubs (?) know of my situation I had some probs with them and so we went to c.a.b. and told them everything. I am on disability c.a.b. helped and wrote letters etc but Vanquiss stopped the p/protection because it was my husband at the time who was on sickness and they stopped my p/protection payments because of this (They stopped your pp because your husband was on sick leave?)

I phoned them up (vanquis) and asked why had they decided to stop my p/p, and they said because it was my husbands not mine. IS this the same card? One account two card holders?

But you have been paying it for a year (Not sure what you mean) couldn’t get anywhere with them, so they referred me to 1st credit. I argued with them, it went from one to another (DCA’s?)

At the moment I don’t know who is handling it as I got a letter from cahoot and then the next day I got a letter from a different collector, bear in mind that jd williams and vanquiss have had the letters (from you and CAB right? )and for the debts to be off they sent a no no letter (??) I sent them a re think write off never heard from vanquiss or jd williams. They were also asked to freeze the admin charge vanquis has but jd Williams has not. They have kept it on going so now instead of it being just under a thousand it’s now with admin and interest charges, over £2146.45 this amount is dated 25th June.

So I guess it will be more when Julys comes.

I really don’t know anymore
          tyvvm for listening
          take care
          hugs
          travelgirl

Ive edited a bit to make it easier to read and I have a couple of questions in red xxx

Dragging myself and my family back into the light with the help of Beagles.

My Hardship Claim
          Me VS Abbey Win
          BIL HSBC Credit Card
          BIL EGG
          BIL HSBC Loan
          BIL PPI Win

Comment

Originally posted by Mochamoo View Post

Ive edited a bit to make it easier to read and I have a couple of questions in red xxx

aw bless tyvvm hun for helping me i will be posting what i have saved on here as well tyvm
            where do I start mmmmmm
            It all started when my husband was made retired due to ill health, although there is a pension he cannot get it until he reaches the age of pension, he is 49 this year. This was two years ago. he worked for royal mail.

We had a mortgage from kennisington and to cut a story short, we had to buy to rent, we had to sell our house and rent it back. Kensington was threatening us with repossession but we had taken out the p/protection.

They paid it for a year only , and at that they didnt pay the full amount which was nearly £500 p.m. then out of our monies which then was sick pay and my dissability we had arranged to pay £150 we knew we could afford it but did pay.

then we phoned up and said we were trying but am finding it hard they wasnt bothered they was asking if we could pay 200 pounds a month that was it, so in the end we had to do what we did which was sellyourhouse and rent back.

Anyhow we are still in our house but rented now, so I let my clubs vanquis credit card, jd williams fashionworld know of my situation I had some probs with them and so we went to c.a.b. and told them everything. I am on disability

c.a.b. helped and wrote letters etc but Vanquiss stopped the p/protection because it was my husband at the time who was on sickness and they stopped my p/protection payments because of this (They stopped your pp because your husband was on sick leave?) no they stopped p/p because it was in my husbands name and not mine, after a yr they decided to stop it on the grounds sick note in hubbys name not mine.

I phoned them up vanquis and asked why had they decided to stop my p/p, and they said because it was in my husbands name in the sick note and not mine. IS this the same card? One account two card holders? one account which is mine.

telephone conversation

But you have been paying it for a year ( i said to vanquis credit card, and nothing was said at that time and when i spoke to the advisor and explained when he mentioned p/p to me i said but its my husband that is sick and gets med notes for himself and his work this is before they decided to retire him on the grounds ill health siatica of the lower spine with pains in right and left legs and groin pain (Not sure what you mean) he said the advisor that i can go ahead they call it freeze the account then when they sent me a letter saying that they are stopping payments i couldn’t get anywhere with them, so they referred me to 1st credit. I argued with them, it went from one to another (DCA’s?) yes

At the moment I don’t know who is handling it as I got a letter from cahoot for vanquis and then the next day I got a letter from a different collector, bear in mind that jd williams and vanquiss have had the letters (from you and CAB right? ) yes and for the debts to be writen off they sent a no no letter jd williams I sent them a re think write off letter again never heard from vanquiss or jd williams.apart from jd williams being akward and kept asking for £10 then £5 then £4 amonth thats when i sent another letter jd williams i cannot afford this offered a £1 a month and sent them income and expenditure list
            They were also asked to freeze the admin charge vanquis has froze theres but jd Williams has not. They have kept it on going so now instead of it being just under a thousand it’s now with admin and interest charges, over £2146.45 this amount is dated 25th June.

So I guess it will be more when Julys comes.

I really don’t know anymore

vanquis never replied to the letter i sent asking them to consider writing of the debt.

Comment

Okay - you had a card with vanquis with payment protection - the card was solely in your name

Your husband was signed off sick and you claimed on PPI

They paid for a year but then decided the PPI didnt cover your husband, only you, so stopped payments.

That right so far ?
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Can i ask, do you know which DCA is dealing with this debt at the moment.

From your post

(1) you are on disability living allowance and your husband is also on disability (is that right)

(2) You have not yet had a CCJ awarded against you with respect to this debt.

Comment

yes love thats right
                  yes tom im on dla
                  hubby is on incapcity
                  no ccjs yet
                  cahoot acting for vanquis credit card

Comment

nice one in that case.

So they're not claiming back the PPI they paid out incorrectly (in their eyes) just the remaining debt ?

Have you a copy of the PPI documents ?
                    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

There was something OTR about Vanquis credit card, seem to remember it was easy to get charges back off them. I'll go and have a look see if I can find it.
                      ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                      Here it is, might be of some use.
                      Op's V's Vanquis Bank - The Consumer Forums

Have you got statements regarding your credit card showing the charges which have been applied?
                      Last edited by WendyB; 15th July 2008, 09:12:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                      Is no longer here

Comment

hi wendy tyvm for your post here lol
                        well i do have statements ive been on it most of the day but they dont print out like the banks but i will look all i know is that when i got statements although the pp was paid it was only the very basic transactons rop £6.34 they paid low payments heres one dated 19 june 2006 1,093.35 total transactions 6.34=balance 1,099.69
                        thats a statement i just grabed yet on the pp it says

you become sick, disabled, have a accident which effects ability to make payments take leave from work to take care of partner who u have lived with 6 months or an immediate family member family membersuffer loss of income so when i phoned vanquis i was told by the male advisor i would be covered mmm seems strange how they stopped and i had sent them sick notes from the doctor every time hubby got them and they sent it back normal procceedure
                        im off now to get the rest all together found the letter i sent them to write of but never heard a thing from them
                        take care
                        hugs
                        ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                        i forgot to say i had an excellent record so vanquis said in them words as it was alwys paid on time it was only sice hubby came of work 31st dec 05 he couldnt walk lie etc this was 11pm cut a story short he has siactica lower back with groin n leg pain i did still pay them then when i couldnt this is when i phoned and explained situation and there n then i was told about pp and freeze well froze qccount the rest ive already said about them
                        Last edited by travelgirl; 15th July 2008, 19:38:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Travel girl, I meant charges for late payments etc that you would be able to claim back. This is diffrent to the PPI. Are there any charges on the statements such as "overlimit fee" or "late payemnt fee". Usually around £20-25 each. If there are, you will be able to reclaim these.
                          Is no longer here

Comment

wendy hi
                            i have all the statements i am going to go through them now will post back tyvm for your help
                            hugs

Comment

sorry for delay not been to good tyvm
                              xx

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X