• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Tempty V Natwest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Tempty V Natwest

Have Finally received notification from the court regarding my stay
    New court date has been allocated and is no longer in a bulk hearing
    Clerk was wrong about the 14 day's allowed for Coblers to vary the stay.... it's 7!! lol they may have just about opened the letter by then LOL

Comment

yippeeeeee :roll:
      cant wait for this one!!!
      have u informed the papers now? let us know which one so we can all have a nose

Comment

And the rest temptress....:rolleyes:

7 days to vary/appeal the lifting of the stay.

They have till 25th September to get their bundle in

Hearing is on 25th October.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

• ********** TEMPTYS orders ********

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Cant tell you how pleased I am about this and how pleased I am it is you Tempty Enaid xx

Comment

Tempts - just a wee one - give the court a call make sure they do still have your bundle and a quick letter to Cobblers telling them you look forward to receiving it and checking they have yours you sent on xx/xx/xxxxx date - just give them a nudge and make sure just waiting for theirs doesnt backfire.
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

yea it would be good to rub their noses in the fact that ur stay has been lifted!!! lol
                it must be a great feeling though what a high!

Comment

Lots of interest in this one T for obvious reasons , so I have stickied it.:thanks:
                  Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Hi Tempty, so glad ive been directed to this site, congratulations in having your stay lifted, ive been reading through your thread with great interest as im also in reciept of working and child tax credits and have been for a number of years now when ive paid numerous bank charges, and also in the last couple of years for my youngest son DLA as hes been diagnosed Autistic, so this could be very interesting, Best of luck..B

Comment

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/bus...s-of-claim.pdf

I also think with the pathetic POC used in the test case we could really hammer these stays now by arguing that the test case will not be addressing many of the issues we as consumers are fighting for.

Comment

As I see it the purpose of the OFT test case is to enable to OFT find the charges terms unfair and/or the service charge levels excessive...which is what we are wanting is it not ?

The benefits inalienability is a seperate issue - and a seperate action would be required to deem the bank charges as fees which are covered under the SSA and TCA. And that argument can only come into play after the terms are deemed unfair IMO anyway.
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Their only claim is a declaration from the court that the terms should be assessed for fairness. Even after the test case conclusion the OFT will still have to continue their investigation into the levels of the charges and come up with a figure as with credit card claims. This figure will (as with credit card claims) still be excessive and we will still have to go to court to fight for what we beleive in. Therefore the fact that the courts seem to have been missled into thinking that the test case will provide a ruling on the amounts banks should charge means the stays are pointless and only serve to give the banks a chance to re-coup some charges back from customers.

IMHO

Cracking result on this removal though I only wish there were more happening.

Comment

Just a quick update

I have just had it confirmed by the court that Cobbetts have not appealed against the stay and are now out of time to appeal. Yipppeee so it's off to court we go! (or with any luck a settlement before court....lol)

At least we are on the home run now

Comment

:cloud::cloud: So pleased for you chuck xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Enaid

Comment

Fantastic T ,

Keep me informed would you in case I miss anything , hopefully you will be getting an offer sometime before the 25th? when their bundle is due in , if so mines a pint in Wakey IF(stop editing Ame) I make it.
                                Last edited by Tools; 13th September 2007, 20:32:PM.
                                Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X