• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Sir Fred Goodwin is not a banker

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sir Fred Goodwin is not a banker

Sir Fred Goodwin's superinjunction prolonged his family's torment | Mail Online

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cat View Post
      Gag: An obstacle to or censoring of free speech.

As Voltaire said - I disapprove with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.
      I think we need to add a tagline to Voltaire's very famous quote: I disapprove with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it providing the law allows me to do so!!!"
      If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.
      George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA

The people of this Country do have a right to know.

And, should not be fobbed off...
      I actually agree with you because at the moment, many people are wondering whether he was having it off with the Chairman of RBS at the time(male) or whether he was having it off with the Head of somewhere else. The fact remains that Sir Fred the Bed("I" called it that yesterday) had an affair with someone who he worked with and failed to declare it which is what you must do under the RBS Code of Conduct.
      http://www.rbs.com/downloads/pdf/abo...Global_COC.pdf
      (see pages 11-14)

I'll have a look later on as to what the penalties are for non disclosing as I also have the disciplinary penalties as well, but I do suspect that suspension and potential sacking depending on what they both had specific responsibility for ie joint decision making.
      "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
      (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

I should imagine that the husband of the object of Sir Fred's affections is also generalising, but in the direction of the female of the species for not being able to keep her knickers on.

Comment

Originally posted by WendyB View Post
          well let's put it this way, he shagged some bint who he shouldn't have done whilst simultaneously shagging the system, the shareholders and therefore British Taxpayer as a whole. Who said men couldn't multi-task??
          I don't quite believe it, as the "lady" in question looks far too slender to be a banker's fat bonus.

Comment

When we think we are untouchable, we are correct - for that is our choice to make.
            When we then seek human touch, we are confronted with reality - the need to sully ourselves with others we considered below our level.
            Reality has to be faced eventually - and the sooner the better. We all eat a shovel-full of soil 'ere we die.
            Best done a spoonful at a time....and started early, I reckon.

Comment

It might have been three in a bed, the chairman and some head of other could it not???

regards
              Garlok

Comment

The attached files are the Disciplinary definitions for Gross Misconduct and Misconduct with the sanctions. I have only uploaded the specific points that are important and these guidelines were in operation at the time I was sacked and at the time when the alleged affair with a senior RBS person was specifically working there.

Because I know LB does have a following on Twitter via some press sources I will start a new thread(as it will appear on the LB Twitter feed) so feel free to comment further on either thread.
                "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Far be it from me to be controversial, but I'm afraid that I disagree with some of the previous posts.
                  That famous quote - I believe that it wasn't Voltaire, it was Evelyn Beatrice Hall.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evelyn_Beatrice_Hall

CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                  Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                  gets his brain a-going.
                  Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                  The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by WendyB View Post
                    well let's put it this way, he shagged some bint who he shouldn't have done whilst simultaneously shagging the system, the shareholders and therefore British Taxpayer as a whole. Who said men couldn't multi-task??
                    Another gem, Wendy. Bless you, babe. I just lurve it when you talk dirty !!!! :beagle:

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                      Far be it from me to be controversial, but I'm afraid that I disagree with some of the previous posts.
                      That famous quote - I believe that it wasn't Voltaire, it was Evelyn Beatrice Hall.
                      Quite - Voltaire, being a Frenchman, was far too rational to defend anything to the death.

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evelyn_Beatrice_Hall

Oft attributed to 'Friends of Voltaire,' I believe, Charity.

Friends - or sycophants, though ? (New word I lerned to play with lately). There sure is one helluva difference !!! Friendship implies 'soul,' IMHO - but sycophancy implies nowt but cold motive, I reckon.

I wonder just how many true friends poor Fred has. It's tough at the top, eh ?
                        ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                        Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                        Quite - Voltaire, being a Frenchman, was far too rational to defend anything to the death.
                        PMSFL, CC.

I can't 'top' that !!!! C'est magnifique !!!
                        Last edited by Bill-K; 22nd May 2011, 08:11:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Bill-K View Post
                          Oft attributed to 'Friends of Voltaire,' I believe, Charity.

Friends - or sycophants, though ? (New word I lerned to play with lately). There sure is one helluva difference !!! Friendship implies 'soul,' IMHO - but sycophancy implies nowt but cold motive, I reckon.

I wonder just how many true friends poor Fred has. It's tough at the top, eh ?
                          ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------

PMSFL, CC.

I can't 'top' that !!!! C'est magnifique !!!
                          Bl**dy sight harder at the bottom, though, lol!
                          (No pun intended)
                          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                          gets his brain a-going.
                          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by Garlok View Post
                            It might have been three in a bed, the chairman and some head of other could it not???

regards
                            Garlok
                            "un ménage à trois"?
                            Last edited by Angry Cat; 23rd May 2011, 09:38:AM.

Comment

Mail on Sunday: The law must not shield the wrongdoers | Mail Online

Comment

It is astonishing for judges to attempt to curb free speech in Parliament. It cannot stand | Mail Online

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X