• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Letters from DCA's - Some sample letters you may have received

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Letters from DCA's - Some sample letters you may have received

Heres a doozie from Nationwide:

Comment

And a fishing letter from CapQuest, ooops sorry DVSL......

Comment

Do what I do with letters like this

Write to them as Mr Occupier ad ask how much they will pay you for the information

Comment

H & L Legal Standard Letter

Hi All

Thought I'd update this thread with some new samples for you.

This one is a letter from Capquests tame/inhouse solicitors H&L Legal:

Comment

Power 2 Contact - Doorstep Collection Threat

This is a sample from Power 2 Contact threatening a doorstep visit:

Comment

Just keep these threatograms coming.

Comment

Originally posted by firefly View Post
                Just keep these threatograms coming.
                Oh I will! I have a doozie of a letter from Capquest which I'm hoping to get scanned in and posted up this week!

Best

Crispy

Comment

Hi All

This is a fab one from Capquest. This was sent AFTER they had agreed to a payment plan, and had been receiving payments! Notice the heavy emphasis on the bailiffs and seizing goods, and how they make it sound like its an almost foregone conclusion that this will happen.

Not sure what they mean by 'relevant validations and checks will be completed'?!

The date of the letter, and the day that they 'may commence legal action' was also only 4 days!! Hmmmmmm wonder what a court would think of that!

Enjoy

Crispy

Comment

Definately designed toscare and intimidate the unknowing. Personally speaking I would change my mind about any payment plan made with these scoundrels. That letter is an fn disgrace. They seem to think the know what a judge will decide. Report their sorry asses to the OFT

Comment

Template letters, ODC...!

Comment

I know but the unknowing they would be very frightening. Just because we regard them as bog standard empty threats from the emptyheads at Crapquest does not mean they shoul be allowed to churn them out.

Comment

Re: AIC Warning

Originally posted by Crispybacon View Post
                          This is another letter from AIC. Points to note on this one:

4) If I do not call them immediately (note the word immediately meant to add a note of urgency to the whole proceedings) the account may be passed to the Legal Department. Note the word 'may' they do not say 'may not'. Also see how they capitalise Legal Department to add some gravitas to the term.

5) They say that the Legal Department will consider instigating proceedings against me. Let me consider that. Hang on, I need to consider that some more.
                          Having considered it, did you conclude that their capitalisation of "Legal Department" might have been intended to draw attention to the fact that your account had hitherto been dealt with by their Illegal department?

Comment

Originally posted by Curlyben View Post
                            I prefer morrcroft's other desk

~ Pre-Litigation Division

They also have a ~Pre-Home Visit Division as well, but I have only ever received one of those..

I really should ask them what's with the ~
                            Doesn't it mean "approximately equal to" ?

Comment

Originally posted by ODC View Post
                              I know but the unknowing they would be very frightening. Just because we regard them as bog standard empty threats from the emptyheads at Crapquest does not mean they shoul be allowed to churn them out.
                              No they shouldn't be allowed to churn out such garbage. There are sooooo many steps to take, and hoops to jump through, before it got to a stage of bailliffs seizing goods its untrue.

This was the point of starting this thread though. People can see that these letters are generally just churned out thoughtlessly by computer.

Thats not to say there may be serious consequences through ignoring them, but, importantly, these letters are not personal.

There is also the matter of assignment to consider in threats of litigation, in which many DCA's fail to mention they have no legal powers to take you to court in the first place!

Best

Crispy

Comment

Originally posted by Crispybacon View Post
                                No they shouldn't be allowed to churn out such garbage. There are sooooo many steps to take, and hoops to jump through, before it got to a stage of bailliffs seizing goods its untrue.

This was the point of starting this thread though. People can see that these letters are generally just churned out thoughtlessly by computer.
                                They may have been "churned out thoughtlessly by computer" - though I would have sought to avoid the possible slur on the dairy industry - but they were certainly written by someone who took care and gave some thought about their likely or intended effect on the unnamed recipients.

The fact that the printing of such letters has been automated does not exculpate the DCAs, as those letters were clearly intended to intimidate.

Thats not to say there may be serious consequences through ignoring them, but, importantly, these letters are not personal.
                                Nor does that excuse them; indeed, the DCA's lack of care when dealing with especially vulnerable people - who get just the same letters as everyone else - is itself quite damning when one considers that such a lack of care may have resulted in a number of suicides.

Where one can make out a case of a DCA's harrying having driven someone to kill himself/herself, I believe that the DCA should be prosecuted for the offence of corporate manslaughter and, where appropriate, its directors should be gaoled.

There is also the matter of assignment to consider in threats of litigation, in which many DCA's fail to mention they have no legal powers to take you to court in the first place!
                                That should be dealt with under section 2 of the Fraud Act 2006 - link - and also see the CPS guidance notes here.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X