• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Displaying a Disabled Pass and parking in a Excel Disabled Parking spot - won

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Displaying a Disabled Pass and parking in a Excel Disabled Parking spot - won

Driver shopping in currys with blue badge holder. Used disabled badge. Fined.
    Last edited by mystery1; 11th March 2016, 14:56:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: Displaying a Disabled Pass and parking in a Excel Disabled Parking spot

Speak to the manager.

If they won't cancel let me know.

M1

Comment

Hi M1,
      When you say manager do you mean the Electrical shop manager? I called their head office they advised its nothing to do with them.
      I intend to call at the store tomorrow to speak to the store manager, Obviously paying for a ticket!
      Thanks

Comment

Yes. They also have a 21 day return policy, even if you can't be bothered to actually do it, i'd offer to bring said item back if it's not cancelled if things look like they won't happen

M1

Comment

Hi M1
          Spoke to the store manager on Saturday who agreed with everything I said and confirmed on Monday he would ask a colleague to email a contact that he has asking for the ticket to be cancelled.
          As I had made purchases with them both days and had receipts he said it should help.
          I asked what had happened previously when he had emailed he said sometimes they don't cancel sometimes they do!
          I Asked if he would copy me in he agreed, he has my email and contact number.
          The second ticket I was expecting hasn't arrived yet..
          Do you suggest I contact Excel directly as well?

I checked for signs and when I walked the route I took I can see the 2 signs which when I stopped to read explains charges for Disabled.
          But whilst I drove and entered the car park and having to negotiate 2 pedestrian crossing and making a left turn your eyes are not looking at signs in the sky but making sure you don't hit the milling pedestrians. As the store manager said I could have stopped in the road to read the signs and caused an obstruction which would quickly lead to grid lock if everyone did.

regards.

Comment

Result,

Received a call from the Electrical store today advising they had spoken to Excel and they had agreed to withdraw the ticket.
            And that I would receive confirmation in the next 14 days.
            They said their systems should pick up my Number Plate and associate it to the other ticket I am expecting and again that will be cancelled.
            I will appeal advising all these details just in case of any problems.

Hopefully this will give hope to others that they will cancel in certain circumstances.

Thanks for your assistance M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X