• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell Solicitors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell Solicitors

Good Evening

Back in February I received county court claim from Lowell Solicitors for a Credit Card Debt to Vanquis which does appear on my credit file but It isn't a credit card I ever remember having (and I truly do mean that) I have asked them on numerous occasions to since February to provide me the necessary information (i've asked for the original credit agreement) to allow me to see if this debt is actually mines or not however they have still failed to do so. The County Court proceedings are still continue and I have entered my defence stating I have no knowledge of debt, I also was offered mediation with them to resolve this issue without a court hearing but I have stated that I cannot do this without the said proof.

They say they have requested a copy of the agreement (this was back in feburay) but have still been unable to do so

Obviously if the debt is mines I will pay it off in full (I have asked if they would provide a settlement offer but they tell me they can't do that) and I am just not sure where to go next with this. Do I let it play out and take it to court if required or is there anyway of being able to force them to either provide the proof within say 30 days or stop all action?

Thanks in advance
    Tags: None

Re: Lowell Solicitors

Originally posted by rs1987 View Post
    Good Evening

Back in February I received county court claim from Lowell Solicitors for a Credit Card Debt to Vanquis which does appear on my credit file but It isn't a credit card I ever remember having (and I truly do mean that) I have asked them on numerous occasions to since February to provide me the necessary information (i've asked for the original credit agreement) to allow me to see if this debt is actually mines or not however they have still failed to do so. The County Court proceedings are still continue and I have entered my defence stating I have no knowledge of debt, I also was offered mediation with them to resolve this issue without a court hearing but I have stated that I cannot do this without the said proof.

They say they have requested a copy of the agreement (this was back in feburay) but have still been unable to do so

Obviously if the debt is mines I will pay it off in full (I have asked if they would provide a settlement offer but they tell me they can't do that) and I am just not sure where to go next with this. Do I let it play out and take it to court if required or is there anyway of being able to force them to either provide the proof within say 30 days or stop all action?

Thanks in advance
    Hi Welcome to LB

Did you make a formal request for a copy of the Vanquis agreement ( CCA Request) together with the £1.00 statutory fee?

If they want judgment / enforcement they need the agreement or compliant reconstituted one.

Lowell Sols are well known for playing silly buggers!

nem

Comment

Hi Nem

I did request a copy of the CCA from Lowell group alongside a £1 postal order back in September/October when I first got a letter from Lowell Group rather than Lowell Solicitors but got no response except for the CCJ form from Lowell Solicitors in the post in February since then its all been email communication and I haven't made another request for the CCA in writing to Lowell Solicitors. Is it worthwhile to do this again.

Thanks

Comment

[QUOTE=rs1987;722561]Hi Nem

I did request a copy of the CCA from Lowell group alongside a £1 postal order back in September/October when I first got a letter from Lowell Group rather than Lowell Solicitors but got no response except for the CCJ form from Lowell Solicitors in the post in February since then its all been email communication and I haven't made another request for the CCA in writing to Lowell Solicitors. Is it worthwhile to do this again.

Hello rs,

If Lowell has confirmed receipt of the CCA request don't do another otherwise you may wake someone up and start them looking for an agreement.

Have you checked with the court recently to check the status of the claim? If not phone and ask tomorrow.

nem

Comment

Thanks Nem

The only real confirmation i've had regarding the CCA request is the email confirmation from Lowell Solicitors that stated they have requested a copy from their client (lowell portfolio) but looking back at my records I never got anything back from Lowell Portfolio when i put the original request in.

I haven't checked the status of the case in a while so I will give the court a call tomorrow to see whats happening that side.

Thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X