• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MKDP LLP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MKDP LLP

Hello

I am being called several times a day by the above DCA.

I spoke to them recently, I asked them to send me a letter stating who they were as somehow mislaid them if any were sent. I have not received the letter requested but received a letter from the original creditor a few days ago stating the debt was assigned and transferred by Barclaycard to MKDP LLP on the 27th July 2012
    Apparently there are several divisions to this company and mine has moved to the next stage after finally answering and speaking to the heavy on the phone today.

I told him I wanted to deal with Original creditor only and he said that was not possible as they now own the £265.85 debt.

I know I shouldn't have spoke on the phone as I have read info concerning DCA's on the forum

A letter was written to the original creditor a few months back explaining my situation, they never replied.

Before finding this forum I was given wrong information on another forum concerning my debts and have ended up in court with judgments and owing more money ( freeman site)

Would someone able to help with what to do please as my head is mushed

I tried to upload my letter but it says my file is too large?

Thank you for any help
    Tags: None

Re: MKDP LLP

When did you open the account with BCard?

Comment

2008 i think

thanks for reply

much appreciated

Comment

I was wanting to write a letter asking to deal with original creditor, do I need to do a SAR first? for deed of assignment. How do I go about getting the debt back to original creditor please?

Thank you for any help

Comment

I have asked the above DCA for a deed of assignment, they have finally sent me only the notice of assignment which they are saying is the same thing.

I have seen a template letter on this site that I might be able to send but can not find it now.

Can someone help Please

Thank you

Comment

They are now sending an agent round to my house!
            I don't think they can do this without my consent?

Comment

Originally posted by splendid View Post
              They are now sending an agent round to my house!
              I don't think they can do this without my consent?
              You mean you have received a letter threatening to send an agent? That's a very common scare tactic used by DCAs! Most of the time they are just empty threats, it's a lot cheaper for them to send letters than to send an actual agent round.

On the odd occasion DCAs have been known to send someone round, but that doesn't mean you have to let them in, or even speak to them, they have no right to be there in the first place.

Comment

Thanks flaming Parrot, I will write to them, I'm trying to get the debt back with the OC

Comment

Have you seen this thread? http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ing-with-DCA-s

I noted you've been on the Freeman site, unfortunately those guys seem to be barking up the wrong tree and courts are not impressed by their methods. Barclays are notoriously bad at finding agreements, having said that, if you took out the card in 2008, the account is likely to be enforceable.

Comment

Flaming Parrot, Thank yoooooooooooooou
                    That is the thread Ive been looking for. I am aware I have to pay this debt but I don't want to pay it to these idiots. They call me about six times a day but never leave a message. I have checked out their number on the internet and there are so many complaints about them. I have requested that i will communicate in writing only.

Got into big trouble in court using the freeman stuff BUT to be honest I don't know enough about it.

I have a loan aggreement which I think is unenforceable! Would you know where I can take it to be checked out?

Thanks again for your valuable help!

Comment

Unfortunately, if you took out the loan in 2008 as you say above, it won't be unenforceable because s.127 of the Consumer Credit Act was repealed in April 2007. S.127 prevented a court from issuing an enforcement order without a properly executed agreement. Without the protection form s.127 the account would be enforceable. What makes you think it would unenforceable?

Comment

Maybe unfair, as it states total amount of loan £16000 but after working it out that is just the interest on a £12000 loan

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X