• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

OneSure insurance scam or not?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OneSure insurance scam or not?

I was asked by a client to check out a Judgement he received, which came from OneSure insurances. They asked him to pay £800,- for a cancelled policy. He did alrady pay £500,- deposit over the phone. So it would total £ 1300,- for a policy worth £1500,- a year. I called them, they said he cancelled after a month he said after 4 days. To make sure who told the truth I decided to call to the company whi sold the insurance in the first place. Which is Alpha group in Denmark. In the attachment you can see a screenshot from the email I received this morning.
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: OneSure insurance scam or not?

I would suggest you speak with BIBA (no,not Justin) http://www.biba.org.uk/
    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Originally posted by Tools View Post
      But first I asked them to return his money and to drop anything they brought to court.

Comment

On the other documents it refers to UK Insurance Services - where do they come into it ? ie. OneSure Insurance and UK Insurance are different companies ?
        Do you have a copy of the judgment from the court at all ?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Tools View Post
          As they don't appear to be members of BIBA probably not much mileage theremasred:

We had dealings on LB with Onesure earlier this year.
          I note the Alpha group were talking about Excess Insurance, but the premiums you mentioned bear no relationship to what one would expect for that sort of policy for a private individual.
          Any chance you could post up relevant policy together with schedule, premiums and manner of payment (all redacted)?

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
            On the other documents it refers to UK Insurance Services - where do they come into it ? ie. OneSure Insurance and UK Insurance are different companies ?
            Do you have a copy of the judgment from the court at all ?
            Sorry, I was late back.
            The documents refer to UK Insurance Solutions because they arranged the insurance that came from Alpha group in Denmark.

I have the original Judgement here which states OneSure Insurances.

I started this case with calling to Denmark about the end date of the policy, as I was sure that my
            client did cancel the insurance after 4 days. So I was thinking by calling to Denmark I can confirm this date.
            But to my surprise they were even more surprised about this, and asked me to send a scan of the document (Schedule)
            After that very quick they responded with an email stating that they think it is a false document.

In the meantime I did (finally) had contact with a man from OneSure who did not just read from a paper.
            He confirmed in email that OneSure have no connections with UK Insurance Solutions and never had.
            When I send him a scan of the document he changed that to "We deal with underwriters to provide insurance and products to clients."
            So they do know them. (obviously as I have a document where it is black on white)
            But after that he also mentioned; and I quote: "I feel we are not getting anywhere with this conversation."
            While I was thinking I was getting to a big climax.

I do have to mention that this is an extra policy which is covering the Excess. But that does not mean that it can be fake.
            The traders policy itself is made through One Sure with PolicyPlan, and from there I am still waiting for the papers that confirm the end date.

Comment

YEs there was something about OneSure earlier this year.

I'm not sure where OneSure have got involved in this. The Judgment is from OneSure thus it is OneSure that brought the claim, thus I'm not sure how they can be denying having anything to do with it. I think it would be better to see the copies of the documents really.
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Here are some papers.
                One is the policy which is false (according to the 2 companies mentioned on it)
                And the other one a Paper where this Excess policy is mentioned by OneSure in the calculation.
                Attached Files

Comment

Ah that makes more sense, thanks Patrick, so One_Sure are the broker, and it is Motor Traders Insurance.
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

So your client has a motor traders policy,broker Onesure & Underwritten by insurers through the Policyplan underwriting agency.
                    He also had an Excess policy through Onesure , ostensibly underwritten by Alpha through UK insurance solutions.
                    Alpha deny all knowledge of this and say it is fraudulent.

I would be reporting this to action fraud and be contemplating action against UK insurance. (and possibly Onesure if they were complicit in it)

Comment

In all this the big problem was/is that my client did cancel the policy after 4 days. (this because he did not know he
                      would not receive a No Claim after being second driver)
                      He knew that there was a cancellation fee of £50,- but not that it would be almost £1300,-
                      But now they state that there is a cancellation fee for every policy, which would be 3 in total and the missed arrangement fee for them.
                      That is how I came to call Alpha group as they have a full refund arrangement if you cancel in 14 days.

Back to the judgment, I advised my client to go back as he was not informed about this untill he received the judgment and........!
                      Very important and where I would like to have you opinion about;
                      When a Debt recovery company (Cobra Debt Recovery, still not sure if they were licensed at that time) send a notice that they
                      want to go to court on 02 May 2014 with a (blanc) copy of a claim form.
                      So my client was thinking that it would go to court and there he can say and show his documents regarding cancellation.
                      (Maybe not the best way to do, but he did like that)
                      But after that in July One Sure started to empty his bank account to recover this money themselves.
                      He did go to the bank to reverse this, but still; can they do this?
                      They already were on their way to court but next to that they tried to take the money.

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
                        So your client has a motor traders policy,broker Onesure & Underwritten by insurers through the Policyplan underwriting agency.
                        He also had an Excess policy through Onesure , ostensibly underwritten by Alpha through UK insurance solutions.
                        Alpha deny all knowledge of this and say it is fraudulent.

I would be reporting this to action fraud and be contemplating action against UK insurance. (and possibly Onesure if they were complicit in it)
                        Yes that I am doing right now. But as far as Alpha Group concerned it is not UK Insurance Solutions but they put the finger to OneSure.
                        I think it is OneSure, as they are changing stories as they come up.
                        Specially when they say they are not connected but they are on 1 document together.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Regarding the apparent false insurance documentation, I believe the Metropolitan Police Force have a dedicated department for dealing with insurance fraud.
                          It might be worth contacting them.

Regarding the claim brought against him by Onesure it will most likely be made up of
                          1)Onesure set up fee (the greatest part of the claim)
                          2) Onesure cancellation fees (these are the fees charged by the broker, not the insurer!)
                          3)Motor traders insurers charge for time on risk (short term rates apply)
                          4)Legal Assistance charge
                          5)repayment interest (if premiums being paid monthly)
                          6) Direct Debit arrangement fee (possibly)
                          7)loss of commission charge
                          8) excess insurance premium (?possibly in full and not charged for time on risk)

Not having seen their claim form this is a best guestimate,

Regarding Onesure removing the cash from his bank:
                          In the past, when people have tried to cancel what they thought was a direct debit or cpa it was discovered that Onesure had illegally stored their card details (including the three digit "security" number) and were taking cash as if authorised by card holder.

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
                            Regarding the apparent false insurance documentation, I believe the Metropolitan Police Force have a dedicated department for dealing with insurance fraud.
                            It might be worth contacting them.

Regarding the claim brought against him by Onesure it will most likely be made up of
                            1)Onesure set up fee (the greatest part of the claim)
                            2) Onesure cancellation fees (these are the fees charged by the broker, not the insurer!)
                            3)Motor traders insurers charge for time on risk (short term rates apply)
                            4)Legal Assistance charge
                            5)repayment interest (if premiums being paid monthly)
                            6) Direct Debit arrangement fee (possibly)
                            7)loss of commission charge
                            8) excess insurance premium (?possibly in full and not charged for time on risk)

Not having seen their claim form this is a best guestimate,

Regarding Onesure removing the cash from his bank:
                            In the past, when people have tried to cancel what they thought was a direct debit or cpa it was discovered that Onesure had illegally stored their card details (including the three digit "security" number) and were taking cash as if authorised by card holder.
                            I would like to come back on the card details, as they state in their terms (and confirmed by phone) that they can do this;
                            "-You will be required to pay any debit balances promptly, if you fail to settle a debit balance promptly, we will use any credit/ debit card details that you have previously authorised us to use, in order to settle the balance."
                            I did tell them on the phone that he thought he only gave his details to pay for the deposit, but they state that they are allowed to do this and that it is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. (who are not giving any details on request)

Comment

In the second page of the email it mentions 'this can be dealt with at the court hearing' - is this court claim still on going, has it been adjudged upon, or set aside applied for ?

Also if OneSure have taken the alleged debt themselves using this alleged CPA - what are they claiming for ?

ps. OneSure may have a look in tmw.
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X