• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County Court Claim for 15 minutes parking overstay! .. help please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• County Court Claim for 15 minutes parking overstay! .. help please

Hello folks

I've received a letter from county court in Northampton for an unpaid PCN issued by Civil Enforcement Ltd (see attached). I'm the registered keeper but my wife (insured on the car) was the driver at the time. She did some shopping at Tesco then took the kids to a nearby library and this how she left the car park after the free 4.5 hours. We ignored previous correspondence by the retail park company and then CEL. We got now the court claim which I have already acknowledged. I've approached the Retail Park directly but they're useless and pointed me to POPLA.

Any advice please what should we do next? Do we need to request any info from CEL or start to prepare our particulars of claim ready for the court?

Much appreciated.

Sam
    Attached Files
    Last edited by abulotus; 22nd April 2017, 01:06:AM.
    Tags: None

Re: County Court Claim for 15 minutes parking overstay! .. help please

So pictures of the signs and the original parking notices if available.

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
      So pictures of the signs and the original parking notices if available.
      Yup and wait for the particulars of claim or the 14 days to pass before doing anything else.

M1

Comment

Thanks guys.

I've added the particulars of claim to the original post.

I just wondered shall I request the information (sinage, contract ..etc) by email "appeals@ce-service.co.uk"? or is there a different address to contact them?

Thanks

Sam

Comment

Use that one and see what happens. Keep an eye on the timescales.

M1

Comment

Sent the email to CEL and still no response. The 28 days time limit finishes on Friday so I'm very concerned about this. Please advice how should I proceed? Will I submit a defence claim in time?

Comment

I have it on my list and will get back to you before the deadline.

http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...p?77026-Ignore

M1

Comment

Edit to suit and email to the court.

Abolotusdef.rtf

M1

Comment

Edited and submitted to court.

You are a star! Much appreciated.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X