• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Sandbag v Barclays

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sandbag v Barclays

Hi all - here is a quick summary of my claim against Barclays.

It started last July. I received my statements within the 40 days so no problems there. When i added up my charges ( and that was most enjoyable!) i found that i had been charged a wopping £4000.

I sent the preliminary request for repayment along with a spreadsheet showing e charges - what they where and when they had been taken from my account. I did not claim interest at this point.

I got what seems to be a fairly standard reply from Barclays i.e a letter saying that Barclays were very sorry that i was unhappy with the service i had recieved and they would look into my complaint and get back to me in around 8 weeks.

Well of course that was not good enough so i sent the Letter Before Action and gave them 14 days to respond. They didn't.

So onto the court claim i used MCOL as it was easier for me. I filled in the claim form online using the 'particulars of claim' that had already been worded for me on the site- it was really easy to do. Sent a spreadsheet now including interest to the court and to Barclays.

I eventually got a court date and recieved an Allocation Questionaire - which was quite easy to complete using the guidelines from the site. I eventually got a court date which was some way off in the future however this gave me time to sort out my court bundle - for me this was the hardest bit as i had no real idea what all the legal stuff was about but eventually i had 3 copies of everything - legal stuff,statements and correspondence. I sent these off to Barclays and the court as requested.

About a week before the court date i rang Barclays and they said they would settle - about 3 days before the court date i received a call from Barclays offering full settlement including court fees and the interest i claimed at the court stage - which was over £900!

The money was in my account the next day - after i had faxed the agreement back with the confidentiality clause crossed out.

I also had a second claim settled within 3 weeks for £400!

Hope that helps people with claiming their money back - after all it is yours.

Regards
    Sandbag.

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X